Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iOS and iPadOS Apps for Viewing Family Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iOS and iPadOS Apps for Viewing Family Data?

I'm looking for free or low-cost apps that run on iOS and iPadOS that will allow other family members to view my data.

I realize you are already thinking Reunion Touch, but I'm not talking about giving people the ability to add/edit information. I just want them to be able to read/see the family data.

For example, Heredis has a free app that can view a GEDCOM file. I occasionally update a GEDCOM and share it with interested family members.

Can anyone recommend a similar Viewer?

Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Why go through all that? Do a web project. Either post it on-line (and give them the URL) or email a copy. They can open said file with any browser regardless of which device or operating system they happen to be using.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

You can set sharing limits in Dropbox that will give someone access, they can read only and not make any modifications.

Comment

Thanks, Mark
        Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Woods View Post
          You can set sharing limits in Dropbox that will give someone access, they can read only and not make any modifications.
          Take a look at this page: https://www.leisterpro.com/reunionto...rewithkids.php. Hopefully, it answers the original question.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X