Reunion Double files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion Double files

When I open Reunion 14 on a new or old Mac it com up with their are up with there multiple family file when click on one to keep it crashes
    Last edited by suem; 18 April 2024, 06:04 PM.

Is your family file in iCloud Drive or Dropbox?

Please post a screenshot of the window that is showing you the two files.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi the File in iCloud and and here the screen shot I have only 1 file in iCloud of that name
      Attached Files
      Last edited by suem; 19 April 2024, 05:40 AM.

Comment

This happens to me whenever I switch working from my MacBook Air to my iMac. Reunion is not open on my MacBook Air when I open it on my iMac and vice versa, however, I get the two files option nevertheless. It seems to make a difference to the file when Reunion is being used on Mac OS as opposed to IOS or iPadOS. My family file is in iCloud Drive.
        Tom Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Brown View Post
          This happens to me whenever I switch working from my MacBook Air to my iMac. Reunion is not open on my MacBook Air when I open it on my iMac and vice versa, however, I get the two files option nevertheless. It seems to make a difference to the file when Reunion is being used on Mac OS as opposed to IOS or iPadOS. My family file is in iCloud Drive.
          How long between closing the file on one computer and opening it on the other is there? If it's right away, it probably means that the changes haven't synched yet.

You can check the status of the synch if you look in the Finder with the sidebar showing beside the iCloud Drive line - if things are synching, there will be a "pie chart" progress indicator at the end of the darker grey bar here

image.png

indicating the progress of the synch.

Roger
          Roger Moffat
          http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
          http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Originally posted by suem View Post
            Hi the File in iCloud and and here the screen shot I have only 1 file in iCloud of that name
            Out of curiosity, what do you see in the Reunion Settings/General panel under the "iCloud Drive" section?...

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 3.16.01 PM.png

Please let me know and we'll go from there to test some things.

Thanks

Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

​H Every One thanks for the reply and Deb here are the Screen Shots . Roger some time straight away some time a minute

Susan Tutin
              Attached Files
              Last edited by suem; 19 April 2024, 04:24 PM. Reason: Had take the old screen Shot off

Comment

​Roger some time straight away some time a minute
                Straight away certainly isn't enough time for the synching to happen, and probably not a minute either if you've made many changes to the file.

As noted in my previous post, taking a look at the Finder side bar beside the iCloud Drive icon and see if that progress pie chart shows up, and if does, wait until it finishes and disappears before opening the file on a different computer.

Roger

Roger Moffat
                http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
                http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

​H Every One thanks for the reply and Deb here are the Screen Shots . Roger some time straight away some time a minute

Susan Tutin
                  IF you are certain iCloud Drive has finished syncing on both Macs before opening the family file on the second Mac, an option would be to select "Never" from the iCloud Drive menu in Reunion's Settings/General panel.

However, after making that change, I recommend that you always be sure the syncing is working by verifying that you see the last change made in the family file on Mac A is in the family file you are currently opening on Mac B (or vise verse).

In case you're curious, information about the iCloud Drive settings can be found in the manual by searching for "iCloud Drive setting." To access the manual, open your family file and choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this helpful in resolving the "Conflicting Family Files" issue
                  Deb Stuller
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you Deb for answer I will keep that in mind Mac B sometimes the iCloud need sign in again and it 13 years old and has file to be down loaded arrow in iCloud Drive so I am thinking keep using Mac A as main Mac

Susan Tutin
                    Last edited by suem; 20 April 2024, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Mac B sometimes the iCloud need sign in again and it 13 years old and has file to be down loaded arrow in iCloud Drive so I am thinking keep using Mac A as main Mac

Susan Tutin
                      Yes. Under the circumstances, I think that is a good idea.

Deb Stuller
                      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank Deb
                        Susan Tutin

Comment

Working...
                        X