1950 US Federal Census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1950 US Federal Census

Does anyone know how to FIND all people who were alive on 1 Apr 1950 and, if possible, where they lived on that date. AND/OR, what censuses they are listed in. Anyway, want to generate a list of people so I can, hopefully, find what ED they were in or might be in, so can start searching right away on 1 Apr 2022! My name is going to be interesting because, on 8 Apr 1950 I was on a ship going from the Panama Canal Zone to San Diego. Think we were in temp quarters in Balboa on 1 Apr 1950, waiting for the ship. Should be interesting!
    Kaye
    Kaye Mushalik
    -Muschalik (Poland), Stroop, Small (Ireland), Fitzsimons/Fitzsimmons (Ireland) Pessara/Pesaora/Pesarro/Pizarro (from Germany)
    -Dorrance, Eberstein, Bell
    -Late2015iMac27"Retina5K, MacOS10.14, iOS12.1, R12, Safari12.0

I think::: Find > Advanced Find > Living As Of then Condition combination would be Living Date ... is....1950. It worked on my file as best I can tell. I eyeballed the first 70 or 80 hits and all were alive in 1950. It was 1104 people out of my 3272 people.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Does anyone know how to locate military personnel who were located outside these United States in 1950?

I found my 8 month-old self and my mother counted with her parents as we were living there while my father was stationed at Thule AB, Greenland with the USAF. I know in the 1970 census, I was counted as living in the barracks on Travis AFB when I was in the USAF (served 1968-90) so I was wondering how it was done for US Military at US bases outside the then 48 states. I don't recall how it was done in 1980 when I was stationed in Germany; they may have just used my home of record (my parent's address).
      Last edited by romad; 27 October 2022, 11:01 AM.
      Dennis B. Swaney
      Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

Look at the tenth item on this FAQ page. https://1950census.archives.gov/howto/faq.html
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X