X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomprod
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark View Post
    ...if you happen to have a Mac that doesn't have a Retina display...
    Unfortunately for this symptom, my MacBook is a 15-inch from mid 2015 with a Retina display. Good to know it's a known issue. I'll keep the large thumbnails for now, since everyone else in the family views my shared .pdf generated from a Reunion Book Report that I update whenever I have new information. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    The large thumbnails (when available) are used in a variety of different places -- e.g. in generated reports and charts, among other places.

We are aware of the issue with pictures appearing incorrectly in charts/reports when large thumbnails are not present, and are looking into a fix.

For what it's worth, if you happen to have a Mac that doesn't have a Retina display, you should be able to generate the book project with the pictures showing correctly (instead of being improperly cropped).

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Removing thumbnails from Family File results in cropping errors in Book report

Since my Family File has now grown to 412 MB, I tried removing large thumbnails using "Rebuild Thumbnails" in Multimedia Preferences. While that reduced the size of my Family File to 42 MB, the next time I updated my Book report, most of the photos attached to people were no longer displayed correctly, showing only a portion of the original image. I reversed the process, but I thought large thumbnail were only used when viewing multimedia on Reunion Touch.
Working...
X