No announcement yet.

Removing thumbnails from Family File results in cropping errors in Book report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing thumbnails from Family File results in cropping errors in Book report

Since my Family File has now grown to 412 MB, I tried removing large thumbnails using "Rebuild Thumbnails" in Multimedia Preferences. While that reduced the size of my Family File to 42 MB, the next time I updated my Book report, most of the photos attached to people were no longer displayed correctly, showing only a portion of the original image. I reversed the process, but I thought large thumbnail were only used when viewing multimedia on Reunion Touch.
    Steve Thomas
    iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

The large thumbnails (when available) are used in a variety of different places -- e.g. in generated reports and charts, among other places.

We are aware of the issue with pictures appearing incorrectly in charts/reports when large thumbnails are not present, and are looking into a fix.

For what it's worth, if you happen to have a Mac that doesn't have a Retina display, you should be able to generate the book project with the pictures showing correctly (instead of being improperly cropped).

Thanks,
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      ...if you happen to have a Mac that doesn't have a Retina display...
      Unfortunately for this symptom, my MacBook is a 15-inch from mid 2015 with a Retina display. Good to know it's a known issue. I'll keep the large thumbnails for now, since everyone else in the family views my shared .pdf generated from a Reunion Book Report that I update whenever I have new information. Thanks.

Steve Thomas
      iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Mark, have you been able to fix this symptom since your reply on June 29? I'd still like to remove the large thumbnails.

Steve Thomas

Comment

This should be fixed in the latest update to Reunion 12, and in Reunion 13.

Make sure you have the latest update installed via:

Help -> Check for Updates...
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            This should be fixed in the latest update to Reunion 12, and in Reunion 13.

Make sure you have the latest update installed via:

Help -> Check for Updates...
            Yes, I always install updates when they are first presented. I'm now using Reunion 13 build 210217. If this is now fixed, I will try removing the large thumbnails, since they make the family file so large.
            Steve Thomas

Comment

Working...
            X