Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Reitz
    replied
    I've created a number of general sources, for example "parent's obit", "child's obit", (and others relating to grandparents' and -childrens', and great-grandparents and -children's birth and marriage records).

If a parent's obit confirms a child, I add the "parent's obit" source to the child's Name page, adding a citation like "father's; names son Jacob Henry". (Repeat for each named child and grandchildren.)

Or, if a child's birth record names the parents, I add the "child's birth" source to each parent's Name page, with a citation like "son Jacob's names father John Henry"; and a similar one in the mother's Name field.

It seems to be a tedious work-around vs. a more direct capability, but anything more direct would still demand a source citation, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Paul Reitz; 26 June 2020, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mary Arthur
    replied
    Don't enter via the marriage field, but, type nmc or nfc and their name, return and they will pop up below the couple, then, if you don't already have a general source picked, go to the information of the child's card and enter source(s) there.

Leave a comment:

• eventide
    replied
    Those work - you could also attach it to your citation using the free-form text field if you're not using it for anything else.
    Last edited by eventide; 23 June 2020, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• j2sacks
    started a topic Documenting the parent-child relationship

Documenting the parent-child relationship

This may be an obvious and stupid question, but I can't see an easy place in Reunion to source/cite the relationship that exists between a parent and child or the nature of the relationship. When I add a child in the marriage field, I can't source the relationship. If I set a child status, I can't source that specifically, either. I could probably use the memo field of the child's birth event to add detail (e.g., "birth certificate lists Jane as mother, Dick as father"). Or I could create a general note or general citation. This seems like a basic thing to not be able to cite. Thoughts?
Working...
X