Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source superscript font size in word is tiny!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source superscript font size in word is tiny!

I've noticed that when exporting a report to Word, the font size used for the superscript source number in the body of the text is so tiny I can barely read it. I'm not sure if it's recently changed, or whether I've just not noticed it before.
    Is there a way to change the font size, or is this a function of Word?
    Thanks!
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Just found an answer to my own question , thanks to Susan Cocker Hopkins over in the Software/Hardware forum. If anyone else is having the same problem - check out Susan's answer:

It's not often that I have Reunion (I'm now using Reunion 12) generate reports to Word. It usually happens when someone else wants information. This month I've already had two requests. When I glanced at them, I was surprised that I couldn't see the numbered superscripts referring to my source end notes. The end notes were
    Teresa Collis

ex-Roots, ex-UFT, ex-TMG
    Reunion for Mac 13.0 (build 221018)
    Reunion Touch for iPad 1.0.18
    (macOS Ventura 13.1)

Comment

As you have found, small superscripts are easier to read in some fonts than in others, and you can set your font preference in Reunion - Preferences - Reports once you have found the best setting. Word processors set superscript characters to between 50 and 60 percent of the size of the body's font, however, which could be only 5-6 points in a 10 point document and very difficult to read. If you still want to make superscripts larger, here are some tips:

In Word: You could edit them all manually, but Word has a few ways to modify all the superscripts in a document at once. Google this for your version of Word.

In a text editor: Reunion generates the report as a Rich Text Format file, so if you are so inclined it is possible to open it in a text editor first and search/replace the size tags for all the superscripts in one click. For example, replace all instances of fs20\super with fs32\super. When opening the saved result in a word processor all the superscripts in the 10 point report have been enlarged to appear as they would in a 16 point report, which in effect makes the superscripts only slightly smaller than the rest of the text.

Regardless of the procedure, if the superscripts are made too large they can cause issues with the line spacing, and in that case it would probably be better to set the citation numbers to bracketed instead of superscript in the Reunion Preferences.

Alan

Comment

Working...
      X