Chart Box Color based on Sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Box Color based on Sex?

Hello, and excuse me if this is common knowledge, but I'm not finding the setting.

While I collaborate others on family tree data, including whether or not certain people are male/female, it would be helpful if I could replace the pretty generation-based color scheme with colors that indicate simply whether a person is male/female/unknown.

Is that possible?

It might require putting the spouses adjacent to each other so they have their own boxes?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
    Dave Kitabjian

As you may know, the Tree View does what you're asking for automatically, and you can share the view by saving as a PDF.

If you need the larger scope of a chart, you can get most of what you're asking for with a little manual editing. Just create/open the chart, choose Edit>Find Anything in Boxes>Primary Person Sex>Is>[male/female/unknown], and click the Select button. Once the boxes are selected, you can change them to a color of your choice. As a point of interest, you can select on pretty much any criterion by using the Find Anything In Boxes>Primary Person Marked option, and marking the people you want to select in the Family File.

To put descendants' spouses in separate boxes would be something to post in the Wish List forum.
    Last edited by ttl; 11 February 2019, 08:13 AM.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Thanks! This had some helpful tips/reminders.

Yes, a key difference is that the one puts spouses in their own boxes.

Maybe there are two wishlist items for me to submit here.

Thanks again!
      Dave Kitabjian

Comment

This option interested me however, I couldn't get the results following Tim's instructions. After Edit>Find Anything in Boxes I couldn't see the 'Primary Person Sex' option. I must be on the wrong track, but I can't find the right one. Any help Tim?
        Robin
        Victoria, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Helmond View Post
          This option interested me however, I couldn't get the results following Tim's instructions. After Edit>Find Anything in Boxes I couldn't see the 'Primary Person Sex' option. I must be on the wrong track, but I can't find the right one. Any help Tim?
          Hi Robin, I wonder if your chart is linked to your family file. I believe the second half of the criteria in the Conditions pick lists operate against information in the family file, and those criteria are missing from the list when trying to access them in those charts I have with no associated family file. If this is what you're dealing with, you can reconnect your family file to the chart by opening the chart, clicking on any box to select it and choosing Object>Locate Family File from the main menu at the top of the screen.
          Last edited by ttl; 21 February 2019, 11:35 PM.
          Tim Lundin
          Heartland Family Graphics
          http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Working...
          X