Location of family files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location of family files

how to find family files in Reunion 10? My #9 quit working so I upgraded to R 10, but I cannot find where you hide my family files. I keep several different ones on different ancestors and want to be sure they are all saved into the Time Machine -- I am on High Sierra 10.13.3. Cannot find the "Home" file. Found Documents, but these version 10 of the files are not there. WHERE ARE THEY?
    Last edited by buffalo; 13 February 2019, 04:01 PM. Reason: WHERE ARE family files in Reunion 10?

Originally posted by buffalo View Post
    how to find family files in Reunion 10? My #9 quit working so I upgraded to R 10, but I cannot find where you hide my family files. I keep several different ones on different ancestors and want to be sure they are all saved into the Time Machine -- I am on High Sierra 10.13.3. Cannot find the "Home" file. Found Documents, but these version 10 of the files are not there. WHERE ARE THEY?
    The default location for your version 9 and 10 family files is in a folder called "Reunion Files," which should be inside of your Documents folder. However, you could have opted to keep them in a different location.

In any case, to find out where they are being stored, use Spotlight or the search box in a Finder window and search for files with this extension...
    .familyfile10

I hope you find this information helpful in locating the files
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

I don't find them in the Reunion Files folder where I have always left them. I don't find them with Spotlight or Find, either. I had a hiccup a few weeks ago and had to restore from a deleted file in DropBox. Curious.

Comment

Were you using Time Machine or some other backup software? If so, you should be able to recover the family file as it was just prior to the "hiccup."
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
        X