Backing Up Family File from Dropbox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing Up Family File from Dropbox

I am wary of something happening to my Famil File that sits smugly in Dropbox. Could somebody please explain how I can back up that working file to a CD/DVD.

Also, are the full sized image files saved in Dropbox?

Originally posted by Bill H View Post
    I am wary of something happening to my Famil File that sits smugly in Dropbox. Could somebody please explain how I can back up that working file to a CD/DVD.
    One way to do so is to insert a blank CD/DVD. Then, open your Finder and choose Go -> Home. (I.e., you will Go along the top of your monitor when the Finder is open.) Next, open your Dropbox folder in that Finder window. Then, drag your family file directly from the Dropbox folder onto the CD/DVD. Do not drop it anywhere in between the two locations. Finally, drag the CD/DVD icon onto the Burn button (which replaces the trash can on your Dock) or open the CD/DVD window and click the Burn button.

Originally posted by Bill H View Post
    Also, are the full sized image files saved in Dropbox?
    Reunion does not save full-size images in Dropbox.

Reunion saves thumbnail versions of the images linked to people/sources in your family file. However, Reunion "links" to the original full-size images, and they are located wherever you stored them on your hard drive.

To adjust the size of the thumbnail versions of the images stored in the family file, open your family file and choose Reunion -> Preferences. Then, click on Multimedia. Next, click the Rebuild Thumbnails button. Additional information about this process can be found in your manual by searching for "rebuild thumbnails" or by clicking on the "?" in the lower-left corner of the Multimedia Preferences window.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Like most things on the computer, it seems easy when someone shows you how .... when you have done it once, you become an expert!!

Thanks for the advice; I will try it in the morning.

Comment

Working...
      X