X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reunion 10 is available now!

Originally posted by TeriPettit View Post
    Also, regarding the new web styles, is there any documentation provided on what the css classes are, so that we can more easily roll our own?
    Currently there is no documentation on this, but the CSS classes are mostly the same as R9 -- the difference is mainly in the division of settings among CSS files. In 10, the styling is split up by color (also where settings like background images a found), format (line styling, shadows, etc.) and font (self-explanatory ). There is a CSS file for each of these settings (in the case of format, multiple CSS files) giving more flexibility in picking an overall look to the web projects.
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Downloaded v.10 & love it. One problem however. I recently updated 10 files. Conversion from v.9 went smoothly except these recently updated files did not appear. I tried several times and finally resorted to adding them manually.

One new feature I've always felt missing with Reunion is the Web family cards tree.

Thanks Leister Pro for a superb upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by artsmart47 View Post
        Will there be an upgrade coming for the iPad?
        Reunion 10 works just fine with the current iPad and iPhone versions. Fully tested during the beta phase; unknown whether Leister has plans for an update. Then, based on past practice, it would only be announced when it is ready for sale.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
          It looks great!
          I do have a question...
          I currently have Reunion 9 on my laptop. It looks pretty simple to upgrade. But later this summer I plan to upgrade to a new MacBook Pro. I don't know if I still have to download of Reunion 9 to install on the new laptop when I get it. Will I need to buy a full version of Reunion 10 to install on the new laptop?
          When you get the new Mac, use the Migration Assistant to move everything from old Mac to new Mac. It is pretty straightforward. If it sounds daunting to you, your local Apple Store will do this for you. I am not sure whether or not there is a charge; presumably, no charge if you buy the new Mac from that store.

Having used Migration Assistant many times for many users, it is both simple to use and very reliable. Having to re-download any software is nearly always because the old Mac had a version that won't run on the new Mac. Also, some applications don't follow Apple's standard way in the method that they use to store the user name and code that you input after purchase -- forcing you to locate that old email that has said information so that you can update it into the same app on your new Mac.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Super upgrade! I love it!

Comment

I switched from Reunion 9 to MacFamilyTree some months ago because for me the interface was more easy to use and intuitive. Now with Reunion 10 I switched back. Great interface and easy to use. Beautiful enhancements with the sidebar and all other new features.

It took a while, but it is worthy upgrade to Reunion 10.

Thank you LeisterPro!
              Last edited by Patrick Vijgeboom; 08 May 2012, 04:12 PM.
              Reunion 10.0.1, Reunion for iPad and iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by TeriPettit View Post
                Additionally, one of my biggest wishes for MANY MANY years, which I've mentioned multiple times here, going back to version 6 at least, is the ability to add "hot" cross references between people in the Notes, that is, a link that will allow you to click on it and jump to another person in the file, both internally in Reunion and in the web reports. It seems that the last time I posted that wish must have been more than a year ago, though, because it has scrolled off the forum.
                I've been plugging for that one for years Terri. Doesn't look like we've got it in v.10 - I suppose it's too difficult to implement. Still, I'll be happy with what we have got and look forward to trying it all out.
                Nick Michael
                LAIDMAN One-Name-Study
                GOONS Member 3814
                http://laidman.one-name.net

Comment

So disappointed that Reunion 10 is not nFS compatible. It doesn't seem like that is ever really going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Fridley View Post
                    Woohoo!
                    Woohoo Indeed! This is a major upgrade. I'm still "flipping" through the manual, trying to find my way. I WILL get used to v10 but right now I'm struggling. I have had two crashes. Not sure why... I entered data; birth, death, place, and clicked back to family view. Is it that I must click on "Done" first? I thought when I clicked on "Done" it precipitated my first crash. With 87,000 names it takes a long (nail biting) time for the program to come back to me. Still I like what I see. The obit report is hilarious! What an idea. And the tree view is staggering. Thank you Reunion staff for all your hard work. This update really is - totally awesome.

Two questions: The people sidebar is very handy - much easier than "command i" all the time - but where are the four changeable columns that showed me spouse, or birth date, or parents or...? I worked my Index very hard and those extra columns were invaluable. And - when I add a photo - is there a way to add a source for that photo? Have I lost the sources for all my photos installed v9? It could be I'm just dense in which case one of the brilliant members of this list will set me straight. Here's hoping! Lily

Comment

Lily, I can address one of your points. The people sidebar is likely to be enough for most users (like me) but power users have the option of clicking the orange list window button at the bottom of the sidebar and it'll bring up a people window with an index-like view that you should be familiar with.
                      Attached Files
                      Tim Lundin
                      Heartland Family Graphics
                      http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

I rushed to download R10 for Mac and iPad. Congratulations for the new interface.
                        Nice work and as expected learning curve is already an uphill task. A few questions and remarks. My database is 130,000 names and 128 MB heavy. Under R9, it was 94 MB.

R 10 crashed (while refreshing Multimedia links) and when I re-opened I lost my maternal ancestry. I had to re upgrade from a copy of the R9 database.

My R10 does not have any content under HELP. Luckily, I can read it on my iPad.

How can I delete Files on my iPad. The R10 Mobile submenu does not have any Delete file.

Where is the screen where I can enter Mailing address etc.... I know that we now have fields for Facebook, Skype etc but where it is?

Alain
                        Alain Farhi
                        http://www.farhi.org

Comment

Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post
                          How can I delete Files on my iPad. The R10 Mobile submenu does not have any Delete file.
                          Hi Alain, if you choose Get Changes from Device, the subsequent window will have a delete file button activated if you highlight the file you want to get rid of.
                          Originally posted by AlainFarhi View Post
                          Where is the screen where I can enter Mailing address etc.... I know that we now have fields for Facebook, Skype etc but where it is?
                          In Family View, select Edit->Contact Info from the main menu. For the displayed couple in the Family View, there will be a tab for family info and for each individual. In the tabs for the individuals, there's an add contact popup menu that allows you to add additional fields like skype or facebook. You can review contact info there or in the sidebar after clicking Contacts in the Navbar.
                          Tim Lundin

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
                            Hi Alain, if you choose Get Changes from Device, the subsequent window will have a delete file button activated if you highlight the file you want to get rid of.
                            Upon further review, on the iPad, with the family file closed and the app open at the welcome window, you can swipe left or right on the file name and a delete button will appear.
                            Tim Lundin

Comment

I really want this new version, but unfortunately my wife's computer is stuck at 10.4.11. (She absolutely must be able to run programs from the original 68K-based Mac. Required for her Pfaff embroidery machine.)

I assume that the file format has changed so that if I upgraded the family file to Reunion version 10, she would not be able to open it in her Reunion version 9. And she does most of the updating these days.
                              Bob Sander-Cederlof -- http://www.txbobsc.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobsc View Post
                                I assume that the file format has changed so that if I upgraded the family file to Reunion version 10, she would not be able to open it in her Reunion version 9.
                                That's correct - in order to add some of the new features the file format had to change, and Reunion 9 doesn't support those changes.
                                Mark Harrison
                                Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                                X