Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sierra (10.12) & Reunion

Hi Bob,

Yes - I have used an old magic mouse (2009 vintage) with new batteries and the same fault appears. What is more puzzling is that sometimes I now find I'm have trouble opening files within my folders. Its only intermittent and I would say the ratio is about 50/50.

In Reunion, I've also noticed when in Family View and I want to select one of the children, I have great difficulty as the "name" seems to quiver and the print becomes slightly "superimposed" as per screenshot. I have no trouble going upwards in choosing either parent.

I'm pretty sure that it must be something in the Bluetooth Tech. on my iMac upsetting connectivity with my magic mouse 2. If I use my trusted Logitech wired USB mouse all systems are go!!

Will have to go back to Apple Care.

Alan
    Attached Files
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

That sounds like the Bluetooth board is faulty. I believe they are soldered on the motherboard the past few years. Yep, that would need a techie to determine.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi all,
        I thought I would let you all know I have overcome the d/clicking issue both in Reunion & the finder on my iMac.

I tried all possibilities even disconnecting all bluetooth devices and then starting afresh.
        Always ended up with the same result even after following the leads in the attached webpage;.
        Are you having Mac Bluetooth problems? Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to get Bluetooth working again on your Mac.

In the end I took the rather drastic step of erasing my harddrive and doing a fresh install from a time machine backup dated one day earlier than the installation of Sierra. I did this overnight and first thing this morning I was back to El Capitan - guess what!! - the d/clicking issues have all gone away - all that I can see.
        Keeping my fingers crossed.

Obviously there is a "bug" or similar whithin the Bluetooth technology in Sierra that even the Applecare Tech aren't aware of - they know now as I send a feedback to Apple.
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post

Strangely, I have just got out my old Logitech wired usb mouse (an emergency item I kept for when the bluetooth system failed) and selecting an image in the M/M window opens it straight away, like it did before installation of "Sierra".
          So what the answer is no one knows, yet.

But I will keep the wired mouse connected as it behaves beautifly

The thought of reverting to El Capitan has crossed my mind but this is the only problem I've encountered yet in this new OS.

Alan
          If this happens with a wireless mouse/pad but not with a wired device, I suggest you put fresh batteries in the device. If that doesn't do it, de-pair then re-pair the device to your Mac.
          Dennis B. Swaney
          Prescott, AZ

MacOS 10.13.6; MacOS 12.6; iOS 16; iPadOS 12 & 16

Comment

Hi romad,

Unfortunately, using a wired mouse eventually, also presented the same faults, as a b/tooth mouse, when d/clicking on images in the multimedia window - (could only right click and choose which app to use to open).
            Even un-paired, switched B/Tooth off/on again, re-paired had no effect. Tried all the tips in the link I posted in my last posting.

Only by going back to El Capitan has the problem been resolved. Everthing is working as it should.

I did report the problem back to Apple - unlikely they'll reply - should they do so I'll let people know.

Alan

Comment

I can sympathise with you Alan. Sometimes OS upgrades don't always go well. I've done two, one went smoothly, the other a disaster. Answers are rarely found, "Mine is working fine" they answer smugly. Even the Apple Communities forum rarely provide solutions. Apple never. The only person who persevered with my problem was Joe Kissell of 'Take Control' books. I haven't read back through this thread, but have you done a clean re-install of Sierra? That action got my MBP into fair working order.
              And of course the other people who persevere are Leicester Productions. They stand by their software and if it is a Reunion problem they will fix it.
              Last edited by Robin Helmond; 10 October 2016, 04:22 PM. Reason: Completeness
              Robin
              Victoria, Australia

Comment

Hi Robin,

The answer is No - I've not tried a re-install of Sierra - mainly because I didn't want to return to these problems. I did ask the question on the Apple support forum but didn't get any help.

This is the first time out of many upgrades that I've encountered any trouble.

I have enlisted the help from Leister who were unable to reproduce these faults. So thinking it was my iMac is when I tried successfully to go back to the previous OS.

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X