Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sierra (10.12) & Reunion

Hi all,
    I've just installed sierra on my iMac and have noticed that when I try and open any documents in Reunion's multimedia window, is where I'm having difficulty in getting them to open.

Previously I could do a double click on any and they would open almost immediately.

Now when I try nothing happens and if I use several double mouse clicks they will eventually open. Trying a right click reveals a pop-up in which you can choose either;
    "open in media window", "open in preview" and some others.

I don't know whether this is a problem with the "sierra" update or causing a bug in Reunion, but I can't say I particularly like it, much preferring the old way.

Anyone else noticed this?

Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Re: sierra (10.12) & Reunion

I upgraded to Sierra yesterday and have not experienced the problem you mentioned. Media opens almost instantaneously even on my mid 2010 iMac. Sierra needs to optimize files so you may have opened Reunion before this process was completed. You also don't give any specs on your iMac which may also be a factor. Just a thought.
    Tom Brown

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      ... I try and open any documents in Reunion's multimedia window...
      Just to clarify: you're double-clicking the item in the Media window, not in the Multimedia sidebar, correct?

Thanks,
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Just to clarify: you're double-clicking the item in the Media window, not in the Multimedia sidebar, correct?

Thanks,
        Hi Mark,
        Yes after selecting "M/Media" in the left side-bar, it will open & show the images/documents that are in the Multimedia (Main) window on the right side. If I select an image etc and double click nothing happens. Numerous clicks does nothing either but a right click reveals a pop-up in which you can choose either; "open in media window", "open in preview" and some others as mentioned earlier.
        I had not seen this before. The same applies to any pics etc that may be in the "Family M/Media" window.
        I find this very frustrating and yes I have done several iMac restarts.

To Tom,
        No I did a complete install of Sierra before opening any app.
        I'm using a iMac 27" (late 2015) and 10.12 OS and the latest Reunion (V.10.0.10)

Alan
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Hi Alan,

If I select an image etc and double click nothing happens.
          Double-clicking an image or other multimedia item in the Media window has never done anything - there's no action tied to the double-click in the Media window. Double-clicking on a media item in the Multimedia sidebar will open it in the Media window, and double-clicking an item in the list of Multimedia of a source record will open the multimedia item (e.g. in Preview), but there's never been an action tied to double-clicking an item in the Media window.
          Mark Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            ...Double-clicking an image or other multimedia item in the Media window has never done anything - there's no action tied to the double-click in the Media window. Double-clicking on a media item in the Multimedia sidebar will open it in the Media window, and double-clicking an item in the list of Multimedia of a source record will open the multimedia item (e.g. in Preview), but there's never been an action tied to double-clicking an item in the Media window.
            FWIW it sounds to me that Alan IS referring to the multimedia sidebar panel (right side) when he tries to double-click on a thumbnail image to open it and he says it doesn’t open.

However I can confirm (per Mark's explanation) that using Sierra OS, double-clicking on ANY thumbnail image in the right-hand multimedia sidebar panel DOES immediately open that image in a separate fullsize Media window as described by Mark. And right-clicking on a thumbnail will open a popup list of options as described by Alan.

So Alan, can you be very specific about exactly what and where you are double-clicking.
            Last edited by ByronSpoon; 22 September 2016, 01:02 PM.
            Byron Spoon

Comment

Originally posted by ByronSpoon View Post
              FWIW it sounds to me that Alan IS referring to the multimedia sidebar panel (right side) when he tries to double-click on a thumbnail image to open it and he says it doesn’t open.
              You're right, after re-reading the Alan's last reply it does sound like he's referring to the Multimedia sidebar -- in which case double-clicking on an image should open the Media window.

Alan, to clear up any confusion please see the attached images:
              Attached Files
              Mark Harrison

Comment

Hi Mark and Byron,

I think perhaps I haven't used the right terms in describing multimedia and attach 3 screenshots;
                image A refers to what is called the sidebar (left side)
                image B is where the M/media items reside and are shown (right side)

If I select a document or image etc in the right side M/Media (image B) and double-click on it nothing happens
                whereas in previous OS's they would open. Sometimes after numerous clicks the M/media item will open, otherwise a right click brings up a window as per image C and opening in Media Window where I can d/click shows no problems.

I have just noticed that trying to open a file in a folder (elsewhere on my iMac) will sometimes show the same fault but they do open after a short lag.

This is perhaps is a problem that I may have to talk to the Apple guys.

Alan

Attached Files

Comment

...If I select a document or image etc in the right side M/Media (image B) and double-click on it nothing happens
                  whereas in previous OS's they would open....
                  Alan- What type of multimedia files are these? I am seeing no issues opening JPG files for my multimedia, but it looks like these might be another type of file, PDF perhaps?

Mark- Is it possible that Alan's problem could be related to the type of multimedia file being opened in Reunion under the Sierra OS? This is pure conjecture on my part as I haven't experimented with this.
                  Byron Spoon

Comment

Byron,

The majority (say 99%) are jpg files with a few png and an odd pdf thrown in.

As I alluded to earlier, I have taken my iMac, and mouse to an authorised Apple Tech (following my talk with Apple Techs this morning) for them to try out. In the main a d/click on an image in the "M/M sidebar" will sometimes open up the doc/image etc. A right click and open in say "Preview" is almost immediate. They think there may be something within the Reunion app thats causing this problem. But....

Strangely, I have just got out my old Logitech wired usb mouse (an emergency item I kept for when the bluetooth system failed) and selecting an image in the M/M window opens it straight away, like it did before installation of "Sierra".
                    So what the answer is no one knows, yet.

But I will keep the wired mouse connected as it behaves beautifly

The thought of reverting to El Capitan has crossed my mind but this is the only problem I've encountered yet in this new OS.

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

I've sent you an email regarding this issue -- please follow the instructions in that email and reply via email with the results.

Thanks!
                      Mark Harrison

Comment

.......But I will keep the wired mouse connected as it behaves beautifly..........
                        Is your Bluetooth mouse also Logitech? If so, check to see if you have the latest driver. For my Anywhere MX, the drivers were updated about three weeks ago.
                        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                          Is your Bluetooth mouse also Logitech? If so, check to see if you have the latest driver. For my Anywhere MX, the drivers were updated about three weeks ago.
                          Just came out today to support Sierra:
                          Added support for macOS Sierra (10.12)

Download the latest version of Logitech Control Center for Mac for free. Read 436 user reviews and compare with similar apps on MacUpdate.
                          rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
                            Hi Bob,

My standby mouse is a Logitech wired usb about 8-9 years old and to my knowledge I didn't have any software to install - just plug in and go. Its always worked perfectly and still does.
                            I should add here that double clicking with this mouse brings up the images immediately.

My usual mouse is the Bluetooth "magic mouse 2" that came with my new iMac in late Jan 2016. It is with the Bluetooth mouse/mice?? that this issue occurrs. I have tried other b/tooth "mice" and the same fault applies with each of them regarding the d/clicking on the images in the multimedia sidebar. Everything else appears normal in the "sierra OS"

I've been in touch with the folks at Leister who are trying to help me.

This problem has also been explored by Apple Senior Techs who are unable to determine what the problem is.

Alan

Comment

At any point in this problem solving, have you tried an alternate Magic Mouse? It is a usual diagnosis step. It could be that you have a damaged/worn mouse.
                              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                              X