This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

export of data from Reunion to other programs

Is Reunion ODBC (open data base connectivity) compatible?
    I have been using Reunion to store and facilitate access to medical information concerning several thousand patients of several unrelated families. The common underlying disease has a genetic basis, hence the use of Reunion.

I have asked questions of other software support staff about the feasibility of transferring data from Reunion to another program eg Filemaker. The goal in this data transfer would be to improve access to the information by persons not familiar with Reunion or to share the information with another database.

Can someone help me? I am guessing it is not easy to do this.

Re: export of data from Reunion to other programs

Is there a reason a GED file export won't do? You could write an AppleScript to massage a GED into a set of CSV files that could be imported into Access.

Also, if you google "ged convert to database" you'll see a lot of suggestions for various ways to do this. And there is a Windows(?) utility that claims to do the conversion to Access:

FileBuzz is your online download destination for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and PDA Freeware, Shareware and Demos.

Someone else used The Master Genealogist to export to csv files and then used Microsoft's tools to import them into SQL Server.

Don
    Last edited by donworth; 06 August 2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Re: export of data from Reunion to other programs

Originally posted by Kevin Nolan View Post
      Is Reunion ODBC (open data base connectivity) compatible?
      Reunion uses a proprietary database that is not ODBC compatible.

However, you could use Reunion's ability to export the data to a CSV file to transfer to, for example, Filemaker. This can be done by selecting (in Reunion 10):

File -> Export -> TEXT...

You can choose what fields to include, whether to use tabs or commas as separators, etc.

Keep in mind, however, that it's not possible to maintain links between people when exporting to TEXT.

HTH
      Last edited by Frank; 06 August 2014, 12:30 PM.
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X