Opening Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Dropbox

I has any one had trouble open Dropbox on a mac with macOS Monterey after downloading Dropbox then double click it to install it

Is this a new Mac with the M1 chip? If so, there is a situation where Dropbox is being late to update their app to support the M1 version of Monterey. Here's a couple links for your review:

Find out Dropbox's system requirements for desktop and mobile, which systems support the Dropbox requirements, and how to install it on your device.

Dropbox M1 support still hasn't arrived, even after Apple launched its new MacBook Pro models that run on more powerful versions...
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Although Dropbox doesn't have an M1-native app yet, the Dropbox app will run on an M1 Mac using the Rosetta 2 compatibility layer. I mention this only to avoid any confusion about whether or not Dropbox will run on an M1 Mac.

That being said, if you're running into an issue installing Dropbox, it would be best to contact their support for assistance: https://www.dropbox.com/support
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi I am not sure if this new Mac has M1 chip! it is 2017 Mac

Comment

It is not M1. The first M1 chipped Macs were introduced in November 2020. The asking if you had M1 is a troubleshooting question. So we now know your problem is not related to issues with the new chip. Mark may have an answer for you as he deals with Dropbox issues on a daily basis.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

I get an error message saying "Couldn't start Dropbox". I have reinstalled Dropbox, but still getting this error. should I reinstall it again?

Comment

If re-installing Dropbox didn't fix the issue, I would recommend contacting Dropbox's technical support team here:

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

They will be best equipped to determine why it won't start.

HTH
              Mark Harrison
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X