Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out my rad new Universal Remote Control! (I have it working with Reunion!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out my rad new Universal Remote Control! (I have it working with Reunion!)

Fellas,

I will go so far as to say, that a Mac automator called Keyboard Maestro probably brings me more excitement than any other software on my desktop. It's exciting, because I am not an IT guy---I shamefully I do not know any computer code, at all. If I can learn how to use this thing, so can you. It's a blast. Use: you program your own menus for ANY program on your computer, and set those up in such a way that you decide what your keyboard shortcut will be, for any operation. You can do this for pre-existing keyboard shortcuts, as well as to create keyboard shortcuts for operations that never had one previously.

Now, "Home" key on full-size keyboard, goes to Home Couple displayed in the Family View. F1 pulls up the narrow menu. Shift+CMD+Right arrow launches into the Couple Female's "Event's" tab, etc. etc. No more clicking!

The program works in trial mode for a month I think. I've owned it for about a year. Total cost is under $40 USD. Built by an Aussie who is extremely active on the online Keyboard Maestro forum, helping its users. And there's this: users very much enjoy sharing the menus ("pallets," they are called) and other automation with other users--this is culturally the norm. You are all certainly welcome to the ones pictured below---just modify for your own use.

The one called "Noyes" is a quick-navigation menu to navigate my tree on various platforms. By far, though, the best thing I ever did---and the reason I bought this software in the first place---was to automate certain aspects for entering a new source. Now, I just click a button and BAM!, I can paste self-authored boilerplate source-citation templates, italics in all, into a the freeform field in a new source I'm creating. (I then just change groupings of 3-4 hash marks where present, to pertinent information concerning the source itself. (I do the same overarching process for Titles, which guarantees my database is consistent with title and citation conventions throughout.
    scr 2021-09-29 at 6.06.45 PM.jpg

scr 2021-09-29 at 6.07.11 PM.jpg

scr 2021-09-29 at 6.07.47 PM.jpg

scr 2021-09-29 at 6.10.32 PM.jpg

Happy to help anyone who wants to try this. The license for this software is under $40 USD by the way, but it runs unrestricted for a trial period, too.
    noyesancestors@gmail.com

Wow....I have never seen anything like this before! Looks super cool. I will definitely have to check it out! Thanks for the tip!!

Comment

Working...
    X