Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem transferring Reunion

Hi,
    i have recently bought a Macbook Air. My old computer was a MacBook Pro OS 10.6.8 When I added the version of Reunion (version 9) into the Air, a notification appeared advising me to enter my license code. I have tried repeatedly, in the Pro, to reload the program to find the code, unsuccessfully. I moved the installed version to the trash, reinserted the CD, it reinstalled without requesting authorization, nor showing the license code.

i am extremely frustrated since I can't use most of my Family Files [says they are too large for demo]. I had planned on upgrading but that can't happen either.

is there any way I can get my license code from Leister. i have photocopies of Webstore checkout & verification.

thank you for any help.

Cal

Go to http://www.leisterpro.com/doc/lp/contactus.php. The various contact information is listed here. Recommend email or a phone call for Help. They can recover your license code and answer any other questions.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

thank you so much, Bob White. on my way...

Comment

You can recover your Version 9 license code yourself from this page

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Thank you to Bob White & Roger. I got in touch with leisterpro/contactus and Mr Harrison sent the code I needed. I'm thrilled to have access again to my files. This company and the members are the best. thanks again for your help. Cal

Comment

I have a new Mac Air because my very old computer died. Therefore, I couldn't transfer the information to the new one. I bought an external CD drive because I had copied my files. My new computer doesn't open the files from Reunion 8. Could someone open my CD and at least send me the Gedcom files. Please help. Right know I beginning as a newbie and my research was 25 years old. I also fad a backup.
            Know everything goes to the Cloud, Google Drive and Drop Box.

Thanks a lot for your help or recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia Quinones View Post
              ...My new computer doesn't open the files from Reunion 8...Know everything goes to the Cloud, Google Drive and Drop Box...
              Sylvia, I don't know the limitations of Reunion 8, but if your Family File was backed up in Dropbox, you should be able to open it from Dropbox. You shouldn't need the CD copy of your files.

Steve

Steve Thomas
              iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Not 100% positive but I think that the Dropbox synching started with Reunion 11. Her Reunion 8 files need to be converted to 11 or 12 to work correctly. She didn't specify but is probably talking about her Reunion 8 CD. If that is correct, she also needs to buy the current version. Installing Reunion 8 on her new Air won't help because 8 can't speak to Dropbox.
                Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
                Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
                iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
                X