Using multiple partitions with Reunion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using multiple partitions with Reunion?

The 256G internal SSD in my MBP2015 is getting a bit full, so I have purchased a 1TB SSD to replace it. Currently, between Reunion family files, Dropbox (almost all used for genealogy), and particularly genealogy data, they occupy around 60 GB.

I plan to do a clean install on the new SSD before migrating data from a Time Machine backup (can't mount the old drive externally), so this would be the ideal time to create multiple partitions. It would make for simpler data organization.

Would Reunion have to remain on the OS partition? Is it possible to have Dropbox on the data partition?

What have others experienced? Issues, pitfalls, limitations?

Thanks for any input!

-Paul
    -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
    MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
    MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

The Reunion application should remain in your Applications folder.

You can put your family file(s) and pictures folders on any volume (partition) on your system.

The Dropbox folder, by default, will be in your Home folder. However, the Dropbox folder can be changed to any location and/or volume on your system by specifying the new location in your Dropbox Preferences.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks, Gregg.

Can an iCloud folder be put on the data volume, too? Use would be for images, without the Photos.app.
      -- Paul ... Reitz immigrants in America

Reunion 13.0 build 201127 on
      MBPr 15" mid-2015, macOS 10.14.6
      MBP 15" Mid-2010, macOS 10.13.6

Comment

Working...
      X