Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used a publishing service after creating books??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used a publishing service after creating books??

I finally finished 4 books (one for each grandparent). The PDF files are excellent for most of my family however many want to have hardcopies, including myself! I have looked into Lulu and ran into issues while converting the file. It seems it doesn't like PDFs created on a MAC. Any other ideas or ways to get it published/printed at a reasonable cost??

Sue
    Last edited by SRHaadsmaSvensson; 29 May 2019, 05:27 PM.

I had the same problem and the problem as you know is that PDF does not protect pictures vs text well. If you are willing to sacrifice a little text here and there, go ahead with PDF. It isn't awful, just not perfect. What I did do on the side of perfection was find someone, in my case at a University, who had and was experienced on Adobe Pro and paid them to convert the file. It was not a big deal.

Comment

I haven't actually used them yet, but I'm planning to use BookBaby for my book project very soon.

You might try using Print -> PDF -> Save As PDF to generate your PDF files rather than directly saving them as a PDF from an app like Word.

Comment

I have used Blurb before without any problems on a Mac. Itís been a while, though, but check them out.

Just another thought for you; I am using a thermal binding machine with linen clear covers and a laser jet printer. Itís not as nice as a book, but when I do a lot of different books for people, itís sure helpful to me. They do offer hardback thermal book covers, but those can get expensive too.

I also make smaller ďbookletsĒ for reunions, gifts, etc..

Sandy

Comment

thanks all, appreciate the advice

Comment

Working...
          X