New computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New computer

I currently have the latest Reunion 12 running on my MacBook Air and it is synched with Reunion Touch on my iPhone and iPad. They all have the latest OS (Mojave) and the latest updates. I am thinking about getting a iMac with 25 " screen. If I wanted to keep my laptop up to date as well as the new iMac, what problems does that present ( with Dropbox, financially, etc.)? I would want to be able to input from my iPad, Macbook Air and the new iMac.

You will have a problem coming up with a 25" iMac; no such animal. Otherwise, no problems. License covers using same copy on both Macs. All three devices are accessing the same Dropbox file. Check Dropbox FAQ's. I believe they recently started a limit of numbers of devices for free accounts. Someone here probably remembers how many.

Note: Doesn't run on both concurrently. If a family file is open on the Air and you want to open the same file on the iMac, you will get a dialog informing you it's open on the Air and do you want to open on this Mac. Saying OK will open it on the iMac while it reaches out and closes the file on the Air.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Bob White, Thank you for your quick and concise reply! I will check on the # of devices on Dropbox. I could drop the iPhone with no problem. The iMac is 21.5 "--- I need the 27 " with these old eyes!! Thanks!

Comment

Another, cheaper, option would be to get large monitor to connect to your MacBook. I use a 27” LG monitor with my 15” MacBook Pro. I can travel with my MBP and at home enjoy the large screen.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryB View Post
          Another, cheaper, option would be to get large monitor to connect to your MacBook. I use a 27” LG monitor with my 15” MacBook Pro. I can travel with my MBP and at home enjoy the large screen.
          Yes, this is great. I have a 27" iMac and I work with Reunion taking up the left half and whatever other software I am using at the moment taking up the right half -- with both documents at full size -- wonderful for old eyes. Just for this convenience, I would not even consider going back to a smaller size of screen. The laptop is optional for this kind of workflow.
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
          X