transferring family file to new computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transferring family file to new computer

I've recently bought a new MacBook Pro and I want to move my Reunion files from my old computer to the new. Which files do I need and where are they located?

Will Reunion 12 work in the Mojave OS?
    Last edited by Gerret; 31 January 2019, 10:28 AM.

Originally posted by Gerret View Post
    Will Reunion 12 work in the Mojave OS?
    Yes. Reunion 12 does work with Mojave. However, be sure you are running the latest version of Reunion 12. This can be verified by opening Reunion 12 and choosing Help -> Check for Updates.

I've recently bought a new MacBook Pro and I want to move my Reunion files from my old computer to the new. Which files do I need and where are they located?
    Before answering this question, it would be helpful to know if you plan on using Reunion 12 on "both" Macs and/or if you have been/will be using Reunion 12 with ReunionTouch on an iPad/iPhone.

Also, please let us know if you have any pictures or other multimedia items linked to people in your family file.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Migration Assistant is your friend!
      rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I downloaded a copy of Reunion 12 to my new computer (MacBookPro on Mojave) with the intention of using existing licence code, fro, the copy on my other MacBook Pro on Yosemite. But it says I have to insert an earlier version disc - don't have as always downloaded from net. It also says the licence is for upgrade not original. So do I have to buy another Reunion for the new computer? This is all very difficult.
        J

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Kay View Post
          I downloaded a copy of Reunion 12 to my new computer (MacBookPro on Mojave) with the intention of using existing licence code, fro, the copy on my other MacBook Pro on Yosemite. But it says I have to insert an earlier version disc - don't have as always downloaded from net. It also says the licence is for upgrade not original. So do I have to buy another Reunion for the new computer?...
          J
          When you see this window...

Reunion 12 "upgrade" window.png

...click the highlighted button and enter your previous Reunion license information. (I.e., our records show you purchased an upgrade to Reunion 10 several years ago. Please enter the license information issued with that purchase.) If you no longer have access to that information, you may request it by entering your email address and selecting Reunion 10 as the version on this web page.

I hope you find this information helpful
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post

Yes. Reunion 12 does work with Mojave. However, be sure you are running the latest version of Reunion 12. This can be verified by opening Reunion 12 and choosing Help -> Check for Updates.

Before answering this question, it would be helpful to know if you plan on using Reunion 12 on "both" Macs and/or if you have been/will be using Reunion 12 with ReunionTouch on an iPad/iPhone.

Also, please let us know if you have any pictures or other multimedia items linked to people in your family file.

Thanks
            Deb Stuller,
            My apologies. I see I never answered your question from more than a year ago . Maybe obvious, but I don't often log into Reunion Talk. I'm running Reunion 12's latest version on Mojave, and I have Reunion on both my iPhone and ipad, and it all works wonderfully.

But I continue to be confused about 1. where I should keep media, especially photos, and 2. what the recommended file size should be.

Thanks,

Gerret
            Last edited by Gerret; 05 November 2020, 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Deb Stuller,
              My apologies. I see I never answered your question from more than a year ago . Maybe obvious, but I don't often log into Reunion Talk. I'm running Reunion 12's latest version on Mojave, and I have Reunion on both my iPhone and ipad, and it all works wonderfully.

But I continue to be confused about 1. where I should keep media, especially photos, and 2. what the recommended file size should be.

Thanks,

Gerret
              Based on your reply, it sounds like you are not using Reunion 12 on more than one Mac. If that is the case, the photos do not have to be in Dropbox. Reunion's default location to look for photos on your Mac is in your Mac's Home / Pictures folder. (I.e., Reunion places a folder named "Reunion Pictures" in that location.) However, you may opt to store them in a different location as long as it is in your Mac's Home folder.

A recommended file size would depend on the image itself. I.e., if it is a headshot of a person, the file size would not have to be really large or be scanned at a high resolution. However, if it is a group shot containing lots of people, you would want the resolution and size to be higher. More specific recommendations can be found in the Reunion manual by searching for "picture fundamentals." To access the manual, click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of just about any Reunion window or choose Help -> Contents.

I hope you find this information helpful
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks. I use only one Mac OS, but I also use Reunion on my iPad and iPhone. If photos are stored in Home/Pictures on my MacBook Pro will they show up in Reunion via ReunionTouch?

Comment

Thanks. I use only one Mac OS, but I also use Reunion on my iPad and iPhone. If photos are stored in Home/Pictures on my MacBook Pro will they show up in Reunion via ReunionTouch?
                  Yes. That's fine
                  Deb Stuller
                  Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
                  X