This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 'bible on scanning,filing,OCR etc.

To all who use scanners, OCR as aids in Reunion, and need best filing sytems at home.
    I have found a wonderful new source of the latest info by a respected Lawyer in the USA.
    His hobby is Macs.
    The name of the item may look misleading about how to go about methodically going 'Paperless' but reading it was a revelation to me.
    It may be an antithesis as we all love and need to collect paper.

One possible main setback is that you can only read it on an iPad (any Apple version) as it was composed on the Mac using iAuthor.
    An integrated, easy to read, but thoroughly competent book using many videos.
    Available at the iBooks store for $4.99 it is called PAPERLESS by David Sparks.
    It is the best $5 I have spent in 20 years of pcs and Macs.

I am not associated with this author in any way.
    Just check it out, I am sure you will not be dissapointed.
    Last edited by feelsrgreen; 02 August 2012, 01:00 AM. Reason: Signed twice
    Noel Fields Australia
    email > nefields@me.com <
    Researching Fields, Majewski, Watson, Hurwood, Parker.

Re: New 'bible on scanning,filing,OCR etc.

Originally posted by feelsrgreen View Post
    One possible main setback is that you can only read it on an iPad (any Apple version) as it was composed on the Mac using iAuthor.
    You can buy a PDF version at http://www.macsparky.com/paperless/ for $5. Its a 900 Mb download. Can pay via paypal or credit card
    S

Comment

Re: New 'bible on scanning,filing,OCR etc.

David Sparks is co host of one of my favourite podcasts "Mac Power Users" (along with Katie Floyd). They have covered going paperless a couple of times along with many other useful topics. He is largely responsible for my own workflow of scanning via a Scansnap S1500 scanner (best document scanner I have ever had/seen), using TextExpander to assist with naming files, and using Hazel to auto file documents based on their name (and other characteristics).

I highly recommend checking out the podcast.
      Keith Bage
      BAGE One-Name Study,
      www.bage.org.uk
      GOONS (member 4451)

Comment

Working...
      X