This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos and the Mac

I understand that its not a straight forward process to import a photo from Mac's new Photos into say a Word document in Yosemite and presumably now , El Capitan. This seemed straight forward with iPhoto.
    As I'm about to import many photos into both Reunion and Word documents, can anyone with current experience please enlighten me?
    Perhaps also a refresher course on how best to import and store photos in Reunion would be helpful.
    Many thanks
    Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Re: Photos and the Mac

Please don't make it complicated. It's not.

1. Drag any photos you want from Photos to the Desktop.

2. Drag said photos singly or group into your document.

Note: When you drag from Photos, you are just making a copy. The photo itself remains in Photos and is not affected. This procedure has worked just fine since the very first version of iPhoto. No change through many cats and California places.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Many thanks Bob. Sometimes I wish I'd started using a Mac much earlier........
      Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

The other thing is that if, like me, you prefer iPhoto to Photos, that still works perfectly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
          The other thing is that if, like me, you prefer iPhoto to Photos, that still works perfectly well.
          That's true, but it won't forever, and its days are numbered
          Surnames Dresch, Eyden, Lunn, Mountfort, Page, Robinson, Ryan, Whitworth, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
            Note: When you drag from Photos, you are just making a copy. The photo itself remains in Photos and is not affected. This procedure has worked just fine since the very first version of iPhoto. No change through many cats and California places.
            Are you truly making a standalone copy, or just a link back to your Photos library? In other words, if you were to delete the photo from your Photos library, would the image remain in a previously created document?

Comment

Originally posted by amyrupp View Post
              Are you truly making a standalone copy, or just a link back to your Photos library? In other words, if you were to delete the photo from your Photos library, would the image remain in a previously created document?
              Yes, you are making a copy. Deleting it from Photos or iPhoto has no effect as the copy is wherever you put it in the Finder in a folder somewhere. Or on your desktop or wherever...
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X