Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ways to add names to photos, please?

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
    Here is a sample of what I have done with a number of group photos. Instead of "writing" on the photo, I have produced a key. Several graphics programs have the capability to produce a pencil sketch. There is usually sufficient space below and above the subjects to add text. I think that I did this one with Photoshop Elements. Just another idea....
    That's really nice. What do you do in Photoshop (not Elements)? Reduce saturation? I think there's a sketch filter, I'll play around with that.
    Dennis J. Cunniff
    Click here to email me

Comment

Filters > Sketch > Photocopy. Play with the sliders to bring back some detail.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Spot on Kim, you're totally right.
        The purpose here is purely identifying people in a large group; there are now four of us each in different locations , and each using a different colour - red, blue, green and yellow, in bold text, to write who is who on two ancient "whole school photos". Each time we have a new name, the updated file is attached to an email to the other three. That way we can slowly identify more and more and know who has come up with the new names from the colours used. Three are using PCs and MS Paint, and I'm the converted one with a Mac, trying Preview and now Pages........
        Rest assured the original photos, both over fifty years old are completely untouched. And my purpose is achieved as I can import a photo into Reunion, attached to a source, with one name or as many names as I need, to prove that a cousin was at the school in question, and in a particular year.
        Thanks for the comments and please keep them coming.
        Rupert

Researching Large; Cuddon; Ford, Gadsdon and Fletcher

Comment

For this sort of work on the Mac - and indeed all image manipulation - at a fraction of the cost of Photoshop, I would recommend Pixelmator.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Talibard View Post
            For this sort of work on the Mac - and indeed all image manipulation - at a fraction of the cost of Photoshop, I would recommend Pixelmator.
            I also switched to Pixelmator last year. You can download a trial to see if you like it. And watch for a sale. I think I got mine around this time last year at half price.
            Researching DEBEE, FRERICHS/FREDERICKS, HAHNENENKAMP, JANCO, KOLK, PETRINI, WEISS

http://familytreesandbranches.weebly.com
            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....com/~ilrootz/

Comment

Just my 2p comment
              I don't like to see names permanent scattering on a picture.
              Should prefer a kind of 'hot spot', going with the mouse over a head of a person a popup give the name of that person, comparable with the small popups in Reunion going over a name or the naming features of Facebook or 'Faces' from iPhoto.
              In the very past (on OS 8/9) there was an old fashioned genealogy programm with the name Gene. It was even possible to make 'hot links' (a very tedious work): clicking on a head would open the card of that person.
              Frans van Bodegom
              Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Working...
              X