Cannot load family file to Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load family file to Dropbox

Long story short, after a disastrous experience trying to switch to iCloud, then back to Dropbox, I now have this problem.
    Preface to say, my wife and I share the Dropbox account, but maintain our own family files on separate Macs.
    I get this on my iPhone.
    (As only 3 devices are allowed, she does not have Reunion Touch)
    Gilbert is mine, Lister is hers.
    (Reminds me of the old days where OS9 had to be 'blessed' )

How to load Lister onto ReunionTouch? It's grayed out!
    IMG_2871.png
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Try turning your phone off, then on.

Maybe the file didn't upload correctly. Try taking the file out of Dropbox folder on wife's computer, then put it back it.

Comment

Neither of those work. Still stumped!

Comment

You may have done this already.... but, if not.... Try logging out of Dropbox from both yours and your wife's devices and then log back in to see if that makes a difference.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
          Neither of those work. Still stumped!
          It looks like the "Lister.familyfile13" file may be stored online only? To check to see if it is being stored "Online only" see this web page...

The family file should be stored "Offline."

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem. However, if problems continue, let us know.

Thanks
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Well, I've tried Bob's idea and Deb's idea. Although, I found Deb's instructive, as the Lister file did not have a green check mark--it does now.
            After doing all the suggestions I still have:
            Screenshot 3.jpg

Comment

Can you send a screen shot of the Lister file as it appears on the Finder on your Mac.
              Gregg Witmer
              Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Gregg, Is this what you are referring to? Screenshot 4.jpg

Comment

Here are three things to try...

1. Pull the file "JFSJV 11/23" out of Dropbox. Then, see if ReunionTouch recognized the Lister file as being from Reunion 13 without the JFSJV file present.
                  If that fixes the problem, then rename to "JFSJV 11/23" family file to not have the slash and then put the file back in Dropbox with the new name.

2. Make sure there's not a space at the end of the "Lister.familyfile13" file name.

3. Pull the "Lister" file out of Dropbox, give it a different name and put it back in Dropbox.
                  Gregg Witmer

Comment

Gregg,
                    1) No change. I did, however remove the / and replaced with a - and eliminated the space.
                    2) No space exists.
                    3 Well, that took forever to re-sync, and now it keeps uploading 1 file every time I open it and then close with no changes what-so-ever. No solution either!

As stated earlier, this stemmed from attempting to switch both Macs from Dropbox to iCloud Drive, failed miserably, then back to Dropbox.

What do you think of deleting ReunionTouch and then reinstalling thru App Store?

Comment

Deleting ReunionTouch is a pretty good idea at this point. It will delete several cache files from ReunionTouch that may have been hanging around.

Also, power down and restart the iPhone.

Make sure any changes made in ReunionTouch have been synced to Reunion before you delete ReunionTouch.

You might also want to do a File > Sharing Status > Reset Sharing on the Lister file. If it's not necessary the option won't be available.
                      Gregg Witmer

Comment

Gregg,

Deleting ReunionTouch did nothing
                        Making sure changes on ReunionTouch were sync'd---surely you jest!! That's the problem--it's NOT on it.

Now we're on to something.
                        The big question: In 'Sharing Status', toward bottom, is box to change sharing, and in the box is /Pictures/Imported Media. Should this be changed to something else?

FWIW, Resetting Sharing has not fixed the issue either.

Comment

No the Imported media is not the issue here.

if you log on to your Dropbox account using Safari, does Lister.familyfile13 appear as a file or folder?
                          Gregg Witmer

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            No the Imported media is not the issue here.

if you log on to your Dropbox account using Safari, does Lister.familyfile13 appear as a file or folder?
                            As a file only; the other two families are folders.
                            If that's the problem, how do correct?

Comment

Yes, that’s the problem.

Possibly, that family file (which is a folder as far as Dropbox is concerned) puts you over the 2GB space limitation on the free account.

Gregg Witmer

Comment

Working...
                              X