File Onnly On iPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Onnly On iPad?

I have a family file that's only on my iPad. There is no existing copy on Dropbox or iCloud. Is there a way to copy to my Mac? And I'm sorry to keep flooding the forums with help requests.

If you can send emails or texts on your iPad, attach the file to an email or text message (IM), send it to yourself, then open the email or text on your Mac.

You might be able to do it by connecting the two devices with a USB cable.

If you can get the file on any type of disk, flash drive, or SD that you can attach to both iPad and Mac, that would be a way to do it.

If the iPad and computer are young enough, you may be able to do it wirelessly with Air Drop.

Comment

I am unable to send email from ReunionTouch. There is another post where I outlined the problem. I tried different things, but there is no way I can access the file. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by jcherepy View Post
        I am unable to send email from ReunionTouch. There is another post where I outlined the problem. I tried different things, but there is no way I can access the file. Thanks for the reply.
        On the iPad, open Files and choose iCloud Drive. Locate the Family File. Don't open it. Instead long press on the icon. Near the bottom of the popup menu is Share. Choose Share. Then, in the second row, choose Mail. This should create an email with the Family File as an attachment. Address the email and send. Good luck!
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
        iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Make sure that you're running the latest version of ReunionTouch, 1.0.19 and close your family file.

From the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" window, tap and hold on your family file name until a menu appears.

Tap on "Export Recovery Files" - another menu appears - tap on "Export Recovery Files" in that menu.

This will put the data for your ReunionTouch family file in a "ReunionTouch" folder on your iPad.

You can access the "ReunionTouch" folder on your iPad from the Files app on your iPad or from the Finder on your Mac if your iPad is connected to the Mac.

Send us the contents of the "ReunionTouch" folder and we will send you a Reunion 13 family file.

The main limitation here is that although thumbnail images will be preserved - links to the original media files will be lost.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

OK, I have the file, but what email address do I send it to?

Comment

You may send it to our "help" email address found here...
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X