No announcement yet.

Dropbox Update (Dropbox for macOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make sense to upload to iCloud Drive as well, simply as an extra level of backup...
    I agree with Roger. Choose one or the other.

For an extra level of backup - I highly recommend using Apple's Time Machine with an external backup hard drive.

...there are several aspects of each service that are nicer than the other. Can you please elaborate?
    iCloud Drive is cheaper and there's no device limitation like there is with the free Dropbox account. With iCloud Drive it's more difficult to share your files with other people (Family Sharing) than it is with Dropbox. Dropbox started doing the "online-only" thing with people's files a few years ago and it has caused a lot of pain for Reunion users and Dropbox users in general. Technically, it is simpler to sync family files with ReunionTouch over Dropbox than via iCloud Drive. There are other aspects that come into play here but it's more of a matter of personal preference.

Is it possible to set up Family Sharing using iCloud with the other person's Apple ID having only view privileges, without the ability to edit, so that if I sync the family file with my son, he will not be able to make changes?
    Other than giving him a copy of your family file there is no good way to handle this.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

I put a zip file in iCloud and downloaded it and it open and went to tools in reunion touch and it has a cloud in blue colour Sharing Status (ICloud drive) I clicked on that it states ReunionTouch remote shearing /Fletcher Tutin 13

Comment

Working...
      X