Reunion Touch not syncing with Macbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion Touch not syncing with Macbook

I have a MacBook Pro operating macOS Monterey v.12.4 with Reunion v.12 loaded on it and recently purchased Reunion Touch for my iPad Air 4th Gen. I have a Dropbox account that is sufficiently large to hold my data. I successfully moved my Family File to DB, then downloaded it to Touch. I just discovered a couple things: First, new text added in Touch is not showing up in Reunion on my Mac, and vice versa. Second, the original information present in the Misc. Notes field on my Mac is completely AWOL on Touch. I have read many of the comments on this forum, and tried some of those solutions. Most recently, I deleted the Family File from Touch and reloaded it. No change. Does anyone have further suggestions? Thank you in advance!

On a person that you know has Misc. Notes, dig down into the Edit Person mode on the iPad. Scroll down to Notes. If only Notes is showing, tap the + sign on the next line. One of the choices is Misc. Notes. Choose that and proceed....
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you. I was able to create a new note field, and add new text to it. But the extensive notes which exist on Reunion 12 on my laptop have not reappeared on the iPad. The laptop is talking to Dropbox, but if large swathes of data are missing from Touch, then the iPad is not fully talking to Dropbox. There is likely a simple explanation, but I have run out of ideas to test.

Comment

Just a thought.... Susan, when you say " I successfully moved my Family File to DB...." did you drag the file from the Finder into the Dropbox website window OR did you drag the file to the Dropbox folder (which is also in the Finder)?

I am not sure if that matters.... it may work both ways. Other experts of Dropbox may chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan View Post
          Does anyone have further suggestions?
          I would like you to do this...

Open your family file on your Mac the way you usually do. Then, choose File -> Get Info. Look for "File Location" along the left column of that window. Then, look at the "path" shown to the right of "File Location." Is "Dropbox" included in that path?

Let us know either way.

Thanks
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

To answer an earlier question: my Family File was dragged to the DB website. To answer Deb's question: the File Location DOES include /Dropbox/ in the path.

Comment

Please try the suggestions mentioned on this web page...
              https://leisterpro.com/reuniontouch/...s/synchelp.php

(You have already done the first suggestion.)

Then, let us know if problems continue.

Thanks
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Working...
              X