File location in Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File location in Dropbox

I have just purchased Reunion Touch and am currently moving my family file into Dropbox to allow me to connect the Add to it. My question is about the file location in Dropbox. Currently, by default, my file is being moved to the root of the Dropbox directory. Can I subsequently move this within Dropbox to sit in a 'Family File' folder - or will this mess up lines and synchronisation going forward? Should I have done something else to point the file at a folder rather than the root?
    Thanks
    Patrick

Originally posted by PatrickL View Post
    I have just purchased Reunion Touch and am currently moving my family file into Dropbox to allow me to connect the Add to it. My question is about the file location in Dropbox. Currently, by default, my file is being moved to the root of the Dropbox directory. Can I subsequently move this within Dropbox to sit in a 'Family File' folder...?
    Yes. That's fine. Afterward, open ReunionTouch and tap the connect to Dropbox button. After entering your log-in information for your Dropbox account, you will be able to navigate to that folder and download your family file into ReunionTouch.

Originally posted by PatrickL View Post
    Should I have done something else to point the file at a folder rather than the root?
    Yes. For easy access to that family file in Reunion 13 on your Mac, I recommend you tell Reunion 13 where your family file is currently being stored. To do this, you would open your Finder on your Mac and go to the location of your family file. Then, open it and choose Reunion -> Preferences. Next, click on Folders. In the Folder Preferences window, click on Family Files on the left. Then, on the right, click the "Choose Other Folder..." button and use the window that opens to navigate to and select the folder in Dropbox which contains your family file. Then, click Select.

Afterward, quit Reunion 13. The next time you open Reunion 13 on your Mac, it will either open directly to the family file located in Dropbox or it will open to the folder in Dropbox which contains your family file.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

All sorted - thanks
      Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Afterward, quit Reunion 13. The next time you open Reunion 13 on your Mac, it will either open directly to the family file located in Dropbox or it will open to the folder in Dropbox which contains your family file.
        Another thing you can do is to drag the icon of the Reunion file in DropBox into the Dock on our Mac - then when you want to open it, simply click the icon in the Dock.

This is particularly useful if you have more than 1 family file you work on - you can directly open any file directly from its icon in the Dock.

Cheers

Roger
        Roger Moffat
        http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
        http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Working...
        X