Blurred & clear images on iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blurred & clear images on iPad

On myn iMac, I have my preferences set to Remove/Omit thumbnails from Reunion Touch mainly because my family file is too large when using Dropbox. Today I added about 20 new images to myf/file and yet when looking at the entries on R/Touch I find the latest additions are large & clear (the earlier ones are blurred & un-readable). Anyone else seen this situation?
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

This is normal and expected.

Once a family file has been downloaded to ReunionTouch, newly added images are sent at a higher resolution to ReunionTouch. From this, ReunionTouch is creating its own thumbnails at a much higher resolution and your thumbnail settings in Reunion (on the desktop) are not taken into consideration.

Resetting sharing on your Mac should force ReunionTouch to replace the new higher resolution images with the smaller thumbnails.
    Gregg Witmer
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thanks Gregg,

Is it possible to only have images on the iMac (Reunion) and no images at all in Reunion Touch. I ask because they are totally blurred on the iPad and presumably take up space?

My settings are set to "Remove/Omit" images and I have re-set sharing status but blurred ones still remain. How do I "Omit" them? If itrs possible.
      iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

My settings are set to "Remove/Omit" images...
        This setting applies only to the large thumbnails, the small thumbnails are always going to be created and downloaded into the ReunionTouch family file.

I ask because they are totally blurred on the iPad and presumably take up space?
        I am thinking that your images have a lot of detail (for example group pictures or documents) as opposed to a portait of a single person. Either way, the small thumbnails are taking up space but it should be a very minimal amount of space which is why they're appearing at such a low resolution.

Is it possible to only have images on the iMac (Reunion) and no images at all in Reunion Touch.
        Sorry, this is currently not possible. I will add a suggestion to our wish list that will allow pictures to not be downloaded to ReunionTouch.
        Gregg Witmer
        Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Thank you Gregg. The Wish List suggestion sounds very promising and I look forward to seeing it in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X