ReunionTouch and iCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReunionTouch and iCloud

Can I use iCloud instead of Dropbox with ReunionTouch?

Many people have asked this previously. Some people say it is possible to some extent, but the Leister folks say no. From my own experience Dropbox is the way to go for the best sharing experience. Unlike iCloud, Dropbox does not change based on prevailing whims of Apple and, thus, tends to be more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaise A. Darveaux View Post
      Many people have asked this previously. Some people say it is possible to some extent, but the Leister folks say no. From my own experience Dropbox is the way to go for the best sharing experience. Unlike iCloud, Dropbox does not change based on prevailing whims of Apple and, thus, tends to be more stable.
      If memory serves me correctly, it is not based on the whims of Apple. Rather, it is based upon lots of undesireable hoops to jump through both software programming-wise and legal-wise. Apple's Photos app is a party guilty of structural changes every so often. iCloud file structure has been constant for a very long time.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Dropbox is limited in the number of devices it can sync to. Our iCloud account is shared with our whole family, which is considerably more than 3 devices. The lack of iCloud support is a downer for me.

Comment

Working...
        X