Family file 13 not available on dropbox after the conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family file 13 not available on dropbox after the conversion

After using reunion 11 with reuniontouch and dropbox for a few years, I decided to upgrade to reunion 13. Completed the upgrade and chose the reunion 11 family file which was in dropbox. It converted the file and it was visible when looking at the external drive. The problem lies when using Reuniontouch the new converted file doesn't show up. I then logged into dropbox and it was not there as well. So I uploaded the file from dropbox to dropbox and it uploaded the file as a zip file. I then extracted the file but there is no data. Can someone explian what is going on and how to get the new data file available, thanks.

Take a look at this FAQ and see if it solves the problem... https://www.leisterpro.com/reunionto...v13-rt-faq.php
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

The FAQ has not helped at all. Question, the version 11 was a folder yet version 13 is a file, does that matter? Also is there some security problem with dropbox when it doesn't show the file when I log into my dropbox account, yet the file has been created?

Comment

Interesting, the 13 version works fine from the desktop, I can't drag it to dropbox but uploading it to dropbox, it becomes a zip file. Unzipping creates an empty data file.

Comment

I'm not sure if I can help, but as I understand it, your version 13 file should initially have been in your"home folde" r> Documents > Reunion files. (Not on your desktop).

If this is the case, put it in Reunion files (as above) you can then drag this file to Dropbox which probably will be something like 13.familyfile13.

Then you can open it in Reunion Touch.
          iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Originally posted by Ev Horton View Post
            Interesting, the 13 version works fine from the desktop, I can't drag it to dropbox but uploading it to dropbox, it becomes a zip file. Unzipping creates an empty data file.
            When a "folder" or a "package" (like a Reunion 13 family file) is dragged into Dropbox while you are on Dropbox.com, Dropbox will zip the file.

Are you still able to open the version 13 family file you upgraded on your Mac? If so, please do so. Then, choose File -> Get Info. Next, look for "File Location" in that information window. The "File Location" shows you specifically where your version 13 family file is located on your Mac.

Afterward, I recommend that you watch this video. About one minute into the video, it explains how to "move" a family file into Dropbox without Dropbox zipping it in the process.

Note: the video points you to your Documents/Reunion Files folder. Your version 13 family file may not be in that location. However, locate the family file via your Finder. Then, follow the process mentioned in the video to move it into Dropbox.

I hope you find this information helpful
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks Alan, Deb.
              I dragged the reuion11 file out of dropbox and into the reunion files folder converted it to the new reunion13 file. I had to let the system preferences(privacy) allow dropbox to use the documents folder. NOW I have managed to move both the reunion 11 and reunion13 files over to dropbox and they show up there with reuniontouch. I deleted the two files from reuniontouch and started from scratch. The reunion11 file downloaded fine and complete, The reunion13 downlaod all the thimbnails, but thereno data, missing 34,000 people. I'm almost there, help.

Comment

I just downloaded the data from dropbox onto my mobile device successfully, everything is great! Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                X