purchasing reunion touch for someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

purchasing reunion touch for someone else

I want to share my reununion data with my granddaughter who has just purchased an I-pad. I set up a drop box account so I cna transfer my data but I want to purchase Reunion 13 for her. Do I just send her the money and tell her to buy it hersef?

Yes, that is probably the easiest way - you could give her an App Store Gift Card that she can use to pay for it

The Apple Gift Card for everything Apple: products, accessories, services and more. Corporate gift cards and electronic gift cards are also available.

Roger
    Roger Moffat
    http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
    http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

If you are only sharing with your daughters iPad, then Reunion Touch is all she would need.
      Reunion 13 is for computers e.g. iMac, MacBook, etc
      James L. Milne
      Click here to email me

Comment

When did this Apple policy change? You use to be able to gift an app like ReunionTouch directly from the App Store. I think it was a dropdown option. Very simple process that sent an email with a redemption code. I don't see that option anymore.

Comment

Information about how to "gift" an app, song, or book can be found here...
          Found something special in the App Store? You can send it to a friend or family member. Or if you're not sure what to give, you can email a gift card.

I hope you find it helpful
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Deb, thanks for the reply. That is the procedure I have used in the past to gift ReunionTouch, but for some reason the "gift" option is not available from the share button in the iPhone app store.

Comment

After you find ReunionTouch in the App Store on your iPhone...

1 - tap ReunionTouch.png

...tap on "ReunionTouch" and you will see this...

2 - tap share.png

Then, tap the Share button to the right and tap Gift App near the bottom of this panel...

3 - tap gift near bottom.png

I hope you find this information helpful
              Deb Stuller
              Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Got it. I hadn't scrolled down far enough. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Originally posted by azharon View Post
                  I want to share my reununion data with my granddaughter who has just purchased an I-pad. I set up a drop box account so I cna transfer my data but I want to purchase Reunion 13 for her. Do I just send her the money and tell her to buy it hersef?
                  Is it possible to make the data read-only, so that the granddaughter can't inadvertently make any changes to the data in the Family File, only view it in ReunionTouch? I know that I could export a "snapshot" of the Family File as it now exists to Dropbox, rename it, and download onto her iPad, but then as I make changes to my own Family File on my Mac, those changes would not show up on her iPad.

Steve Thomas
                  iMac and MacBook Pro, macOS Ventura 13.5, iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.6, iPad Pro, Reunion 13 and Reunion Touch.

Comment

Working...
                  X