Some pictures not showing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures not showing up

Some of my pictures of individuals are not showing up on Reunion Touch, though they show up on the Reunion app on the iMac. Some do. It seems like this may have just started after updating to Reunion 13, but I am not sure. It happens on both the iPad and the iPhone. Any suggestions?

Did you check your connection to Dropbox in the ReunionTouch app? You need to at least make sure the app is pointed at your new 13 family file.
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Yes, Dropbox is connecting to 13.
      Adding people and making changes on the iMac are synching properly with ReunionTouch.
      Last edited by crabuback; 02 November 2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crabuback View Post
        Adding people and making changes on the iMac are synching properly with ReunionTouch.
        I recommend trying to repair multimedia links. (I.e., since the Reunion family file on the Mac stores thumbnail versions of those images within the family file itself, those images can appear in the family file even if the link to the original image on the computer has been broken.)

In order to repair multimedia links, follow these steps...

1. Open the family file stored in Dropbox.

2. Choose Reunion -> Preferences and click on Multimedia.

3. Verify that the storage location for the original images is shown in the "Search..." section of that window. (If not, click on the plus under that section and use the window that opens to navigate to it and select the appropriate folder on your Mac.)

4. Then, click the "Repair Multimedia Links..." button at the bottom and Proceed.

Reunion will let you know the results. If there are no broken links, let us know and we'll go from there.

However, if links are broken, click the Multimedia Usage Report button to see a listing of those items. (Note: this report includes the file name and the location where it was "last seen" by Reunion.)

Additional information about the details found in the Multimedia Usage Report and in using the Multimedia Repair feature can be found in your manual by searching for "multimedia usage" and "multimedia repair," respectively. To access the manual, click on the "?" in the lower-left corner of the Reunion window.

I hope you find this information helpful
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Adding people and making changes on the iMac are synching properly with ReunionTouch on the iPad and iPhone.
          I also noticed that If I click on a person, such as myself, in ReunionTouch, and scroll down to the media section, and click on the thumbnail that should be showing up, it IS therein the media section (i.e.: it displays the photo). I did this for several people and the pix all seems to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by crabuback View Post
            Adding people and making changes on the iMac are synching properly with ReunionTouch on the iPad and iPhone.
            I also noticed that If I click on a person, such as myself, in ReunionTouch, and scroll down to the media section, and click on the thumbnail that should be showing up, it IS therein the media section (i.e.: it displays the photo). I did this for several people and the pix all seems to be there.
            It may be helpful to do the following...

1. Try "rebuilding caches" in the family file in ReunionTouch. This can be done by pressing/holding on the name of the family file in the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" screen for about 7 seconds or so. Then, tap "Rebuild Caches" when prompted. In most cases, this does not take long at all. Then, re-open the family file in ReunionTouch.

2. Try deleting the family file from ReunionTouch and re-downloading it into ReunionTouch. To delete a family file, swipe from right-to-left across the name of the family file in the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" screen. Then, tap Delete. Next, in the "Welcome to ReunionTouch" screen, tap "Download a family file from Dropbox" and re-select the family file to be downloaded.

I hope one of these two suggestions is helpful in solving the problem
            Deb Stuller
            Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Rebuilding Caches did not help. Deleting the family file and re-downloading did do the trick. Thank you for your help.

Comment

I have experienced the same issue today (some people's pics show up only in R-13 but not in RT). I followed Deb's recommendation no.2 and it worked for me too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X