Reunion Touch in constant syncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunion Touch in constant syncing

This may have been brought up many times in the past. Both my iPad & iPhone are in constant syncing (iPad) or downloading images (iPhone) and never stop.
    I've tried resetting Sharing Status and waiting till Dropbox stops before opening R/Touch on either devices. Also powered off both and then re-opening Reunion and in all cases R/T reverts back to the syncing/d/loading images. Should I delete the app and re-install or something else?
    Am using the latest software updates of 13.7 on both devices and R/Touch V.12 (200602).
    Alan
    iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

To help you, it would be nice to know. Is this slowness limited to Reunion? Or are you experiencing slowness across the board? Does it happen only when you are running Reunion or is it constant and never stopping and never timing out?
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Alan,

Depending on various factors (file size, number of images, speed of internet connection, etc), it can potentially take some time to download a family file too ReunionTouch.

I would recommend initiating the download and leaving ReunionTouch open on the device(s) - don't close out of ReunionTouch, don't switch to any other apps. Just let ReunionTouch process the download for an extended period of time (say, half an hour) and see if it eventually opens.

It could simply be taking a long time to get everything downloaded due to the factors mentioned above. If the file still doesn't open after letting it process for a good while, let us know.

HTH
      Mark Harrison
      Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Sorry about the delay in replying.
        As for the slowness, I left my iPad & iPhone on all night and they were still syncing about 8.0am when I next looked at them. Since then it seems to be syncing whenever I open the devices
        I can only think that I deleted my f/file and did a fresh d/load which caused the length of time to update.

Alan
        iMac 27" (late 2015) 2TB, 24GB Ram, (Monterey 12.3.1) iPad Pro 12.9" 256GB (Ios 14.4), iPhone 6S+ 128GB (Ios 14.4), Reunion 13,

Comment

Alan,

I'm not sure I'm understanding the current situation based on your last comment - does the problem still persists or are you now able to open the files in ReunionTouch?

Thanks,
          Mark Harrison
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Alan: Is your family file in your Dropbox folder? Or have you moved it? Should be at Macintosh HD > Users > YourName > Dropbox.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
            iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Hi Mark,
              Yes I can open my f/file on my iPad although the iPhone takes a long while to update even when being charged and within a few feet of mi iMac. So evrything seems to be working well now.

Bob, my f/file is located in my dropbox folder.

It still appears to take a long time to update my f/file and invariably when I look into the sharing status on my imac, my file is not sharing. Only by closing Reunion on the devices and re-opening them do I get to the Re-set sharing tate.
              However, as I speak my iPhone has now finished updating and all is fine now.

Perhaps i'm expecting changes to take effect much faster.

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X