Unreliable Syncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreliable Syncing

For sometime I have had record fields which did not sync whilst, in general, other fields did sync. The cause appears to be:

Include text in the edit - sync proceeds.
    Edit punctuation only - sync fails.

The above with particular reference to edits in citation detail. To guartantee that all edits are in sync then remove familyfile from ipad - upload - wait to sync. For a typical +2GB family file on a 37Mb service it takes a few hours to complete. What is the best recommended method to make punctuation edits in the familyfile avoiding a full resync?

Adding dummy text when editing punctuation is a quick fix but not always remembered.

Thanks
    Dave Walton
    Tree - Walton, Haggerston, Chambers, Munro, Haught, Schlager, Scannell...
    iMac M1, Macbook Air M2, MacOS Ventura 13.2, Reunion 13

Is there a specific type of punctuation being added?

And, is there a specific field in which this punctuation is being added?

I'm asking these questions because the syncing of punctuation only edits worked as it should in my testing.

Also, please verify you are running the latest version of Reunion 12 on your Mac (by choosing Help -> Check for Updates when your family file is open) and for ReunionTouch on your iPad (by looking for ReunionTouch in the App Store on your iPad). If you are not running the latest version of both apps, please update them and see if problems continue.

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. As follows:
      iMac Catalina macOS 10.15.2 and Ipad Pro iOS 13.3
      Software Reunion 12 (build: 191105) with Touch 1.0.11 and Dropbox 86.4.146

Punctuation - nothing exotic. Examples remove . or change , to ;

I have worked with Dropbox running continuously and also a once per day accumulated sync - no difference. I keep finding items that have failed to sync and these are usually punctuation related. The sync works OK for text edits and the punctuation fails can be days or weeks old. I try to avoid removing the familyfile, off the ipad for a resync, but if I am working in Reunion then at some point to achieve a complete reliable sync then that is what is required. On the iMac use Lists - All people - All Sources with t28 citations. Then a visual scroll through the citations to find what needs to be edited in the Citation Detail.

Dave Walton

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. We are checking into this.

Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Below on an iMac.
          This is a real annoyance and after trial and error:
          Using the t28 citations - List Citations to make edits in the Citation Detail column is problematic. The refresh/requery process back to the familyfile - Events tab does not always work i.e. the t28 citations will show an edited entry but the Events tab - Detail remains in its original version. Refresh by selecting a.n.other individual then the edit is updated but does not sync with the iPad.

It is best to make edits in the Events tab - Detail column. These would include text and punctuation edits.

The above is reference punctuation edits on a large imported familyfile. Text edits, so far, appear to be reliably sync'd.

With a new test familyfile, empty then a single individual added, and a default source template. It was possible to make punctuation edits in the Events - Detail column which reliably sync'd with the iPad.
          Dave Walton

Comment

Working...
          X