X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark
    replied
    Hi Gary,

I have recently been getting a Sharing Status Suspended message in Reunion Touch...
    When you get this message, try leaving the file open for maybe 30-60 seconds or so and seeing if the message persists after that period of time.

My initial thought is that it's simply taking a little while for ReunionTouch to communicate with Dropbox. Keep in mind your internet connection isn't the only factor in determining how long it takes to get a response from Dropbox.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Gary Shackelford
    replied
    I just picked up on this thread because I am encountering some of the same behavior that others have experienced. I have recently been getting a Sharing Status Suspended message in Reunion Touch, despite that fact that nothing has changed in my Dropbox or other settings on my Mac (macOS Catalina) or my iPad (iOS 13). I am running Reunion 12 (build 191105) on my Mac. My usual practice is to make all changes in Reunion 12 on my Mac and to wait for Reunion Touch to update my family file on my iPad. The issue occurs after I have made some change to my family file in Reunion 12. My internet connection is good, and the only way I have been able to reactivate Sharing is to close (Quit) Reunion 12 and/or Reunion Touch and relaunch them. Sometimes several quits and relaunches are required before Sharing is re-established. Not sure whether the problem is with Reunion 12, Reunion Touch, or Dropbox, but the issue is very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Hobart View Post
    What do you mean by "temporary"?
    It should resolve itself within a few minutes - whatever amount of time it takes for ReunionTouch to get a response from Dropbox and see that sharing is no longer suspended for the file.

I have seen suspended status last for days.
    Try opening the file in ReunionTouch and leaving it open for a few minutes. If you immediately close the file after checking the status it may not be getting a response from Dropbox in time to update. If you have further problems please contact us directly via help@leisterpro.com

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Mike Hobart
    replied
    What do you mean by "temporary"? I have seen suspended status last for days. Sometimes it takes deleting the family file from the mobile device (iPad) and re-dowloading the file. This is perhaps the most annoying action for ReunionTouch :-(

Leave a comment:

• Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Richardb7 View Post
    how I reactive the sync. ?
    This is normally a temporary state, as discussed in the manual - in Reunion 12 on your Mac, select:

Help -> Contents

(In the main menubar at the top of the computer screen.)

To open the manual, then search "sharing status" (no quotes) and read the entry titled, "Sharing Status, Mobile Devices and Dropbox Sharing".

In short, the "Suspended" status should resolve itself in short order. If not, send us an email (help@leisterpro.com).

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Richardb7
    replied
    how I reactive the sync. ?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn Maydole Hoard
    replied
    Re: Reset Sharing with Reunion Touch on iPhone

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
    Glad you solved the problem. Deleting is really high tech! On the Welcome screen of Touch, slide your finger from right to left on the file name that you want to delete then tap the Delete button that just appeared on the right.
    I keep looking at Reunion Touch to make sure it hasn't disappeared again! I'm good at making easy things complicated!

Leave a comment:

• Bob White
    replied

Originally posted by Carolyn Maydole Hoard View Post
    Uh oh, would you give me step by step directions on how to do this? It looks like I deleted my computer file which isn't a problem because I had done a backup copy - oh my gosh, I need a live-in tech.
    Glad you solved the problem. Deleting is really high tech! On the Welcome screen of Touch, slide your finger from right to left on the file name that you want to delete then tap the Delete button that just appeared on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn Maydole Hoard
    replied

I fumbled around for quite a while, then renamed my backup family file "Restored 5 July 2018", dragged it into dropbox, went to Reunion Touch, file sharing, and said download this newly named file. It did it! I am such a non-techie I can't tell you this is exactly what i did. I liked the old manual way to sync.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn Maydole Hoard
    replied

Carolyn: The first thing I would try is to delete the file on your phone or iPad then upload a fresh copy from the Mac.
    Uh oh, would you give me step by step directions on how to do this? It looks like I deleted my computer file which isn't a problem because I had done a backup copy - oh my gosh, I need a live-in tech.

Leave a comment:

• Bob White
    replied

Carolyn: The first thing I would try is to delete the file on your phone or iPad then upload a fresh copy from the Mac.

Leave a comment:

• Carolyn Maydole Hoard
    replied

Originally posted by Melinda Anderson View Post
    Thank you, Bob- I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot here! Dropbox does NOT show in the top bar of my MacBook. I access it through Finder. I don't see Preferences or Account as an option when I use the Gear icon.

I guess I should mention that I have had Reunion Touch for several years with no problems. The problem started when I opened my new file created with Reunion 12- that's when it stopped syncing. At first I didn't realize that it wasn't syncing, because the file opened fine. It was only after several months that I realized that changes I had made in Reunion on my computer had not transferred to my iPhone.
    Melinda you are not the only one. Reunion Touch has worked perfectly for me since the beginning, but right after I merged two people into one on my computer, everyone in my Reunion Touch file disappeared - it shows zero people. Sharing on my computer and Reunion Touch say they are sharing. I've read all the above suggestions, and the dropbox window looks exactly the same as posted above. I've tried reseting sharing several times and nothing happens.

Leave a comment:

• SGilbert
    replied

The pic here shows how to get the Dropbox icon (Dropbox calls it a badge) in Dropbox preferences.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Melinda Anderson
    replied

Assuming that the Dropbox icon is in your top bar.... Click on the icon then choose the gear icon. In the resulting popup, choose Preferences. Then you will see Account as one of the choices within Preferences..
    Thank you, Bob- I'm beginning to feel like a real idiot here! Dropbox does NOT show in the top bar of my MacBook. I access it through Finder. I don't see Preferences or Account as an option when I use the Gear icon.

I guess I should mention that I have had Reunion Touch for several years with no problems. The problem started when I opened my new file created with Reunion 12- that's when it stopped syncing. At first I didn't realize that it wasn't syncing, because the file opened fine. It was only after several months that I realized that changes I had made in Reunion on my computer had not transferred to my iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• Bob White
    replied

Originally posted by Melinda Anderson View Post
    I only have one Dropbox account. I can see Family 12 (the family file) in Dropbox on my computer and in the phone app. Not sure where the account section is.
    Assuming that the Dropbox icon is in your top bar.... Click on the icon then choose the gear icon. In the resulting popup, choose Preferences. Then you will see Account as one of the choices within Preferences..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X