Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReunionTouch cannot see Dropbox .familyfile_12

Hi Mark,

After updating to Reunion 12. I can, and have converted the main file to the new xxxx.familyfile_12 format and all seems well from my Mac Pro. I see the file in Dropbox OK, but when I go to either my iPhone (8+), or mini 2 iPad, when I look in Dropbox for the new file, after Deleting the old xxx.familyfile_11, from my iPhone, Is still do not see the new xxx.familyfile_12 file from either device...

You mentioned Syncing Dropbox in another thread, but I don't see where that is an option, or am I missing a setting somewhere??

Any other ideas why I can't see the new file ??

(I still don't see it after letting everything run overnight.)

George

ReunionTouch cannot see Dropbox .familyfile_12

Originally posted by George Christensen
    You mentioned Syncing Dropbox, I don't see where that is an option
    If you have Dropbox in your menu bar at the top of your display, it will show if the file is synched (fully updated), but I'm not sure where else you can verify that.

Silly question: do you have the latest version of ReunionTouch for your mobile devices? The previous version will not see Reunion 12 family files.
    Tim Lundin
    Heartland Family Graphics
    http://www.familygraphics.com

Comment

Re: Reunion Touch cannot see Dropbox .familyfile_12

Another location to check: Dropbox is mirrored on your Mac. The location is Users/YourName/Dropbox. Each item will show the green check mark (synched) or the blue circular arrow (synching or waiting to synch) to the right.
      Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
      Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
      iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
        If you have Dropbox in your menu bar at the top of your display, it will show if the file is synched (fully updated), but I'm not sure where else you can verify that.

Silly question: do you have the latest version of ReunionTouch for your mobile devices? The previous version will not see Reunion 12 family files.
        I don't see a Dropbox icon I'm my Menubar, I see it in any Finder sidebar and hence I see the files I have in it, including the .familyfile_12 that my iPhone cannot see...

Not silly, but yes, I have ReunionTouch v 1.0.5 on both the iPad & iPhone.... Updated to support Reunion 12, it says.. However... Still not seeing the file..

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
          Another location to check: Dropbox is mirrored on your Mac. The location is Users/YourName/Dropbox. Each item will show the green check mark (synched) or the blue circular arrow (synching or waiting to synch) to the right.
          I'm not seeing those markers, only the various files.... MacOS id High Sierra, latest updates... Same with iOS, up to the latest updates...

Comment

Originally posted by ttl View Post
            If you have Dropbox in your menu bar at the top of your display, it will show if the file is synched (fully updated)...
            OK, apparently DropBox, the Application, is not marked to load at startup, maybe never has been. Anyway, I found the application, started it, and then I see the icon in the menubar as well as see the files updating, syncing apparently, and finally when I went to the iPad, iPhone, the .familyfile_12 file is there, and now has been downloaded to both devices again.

Whew.. Seemed really strange, as I don't recall ever having to Open Dropbox, the application, before.. It should be part of the normal boot process..

Anyway, maybe this can help other confused users!

geOrge

Comment

Originally posted by George Christensen View Post
              .......Whew.. Seemed really strange, as I don't recall ever having to Open Dropbox, the application, before.. It should be part of the normal boot process..
              You might want to check in System Preferences > Users & Groups and select the Login Items choice to make sure Dropbox is one of your startup items. If it is not there, use the menu bar Dropbox icon, click on the gear icon and choose Preferences then General to see is startup is selected.
              Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
              Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
              iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Working...
              X