iPad synching with Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iPad synching with Dropbox

I've read several threads about synching problems, but can't see to find what I need. I just realized that in the "Sharing status" of my iPad it says "Dropbox not responding" with last response 26 Aug 2017! "Sharing status" on MacBook Pro says it is synching to the right file in Dropbox. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I just updated Reunion Touch and got the "welcome to Reunion Touch" screen on iPad. But when I click on "Connect to Dropbox" nothing happens.
    Last edited by msailers; 30 November 2017, 06:36 PM.

Re: iPad synching with Dropbox

Originally posted by msailers View Post
    I've read several threads about synching problems, but can't see to find what I need. I just realized that in the "Sharing status" of my iPad it says "Dropbox not responding" with last response 26 Aug 2017! "Sharing status" on MacBook Pro says it is synching to the right file in Dropbox. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I just updated Reunion Touch and got the "welcome to Reunion Touch" screen on iPad. But when I click on "Connect to Dropbox" nothing happens.
    Do you have the Dropbox app on your iPad? Make sure you are logged in on that app.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

Comment

I had the same problem a few days ago. It seems that upgrading to Mac OS 10.13.1 turned off Drop box on my Mac.

See if this works:

- do you see the Dropbox icon in the upper right margin of your screen?
      - if not turn on Dropbox by going back into the application on your Mac
      - I think all I did was double click on the Dropbox icon to get it started again
      - once you see the icon in the margin try syncing again.
      ``````````````````````````````
      Grant

Comment

It seems I was a little premature in my previous posting.

My previous posting has allowed me to download my Reunion12 file to my iPad but I am unable to sync changes made on my iMac to my iPad. When I check sharing status on my iPad I can see that my iMac file was changed 2 hours ago but my iPad file has not been changed for the past 3 days.

If syncing is working properly should I not see, in sharing status, that my iPad has been changed shortly after opening ReunionTouch?

The only way I seem to be able to do this is to delete my Reunion12 file from my iPad and then download again from my iMac.
        Grant

Comment

Originally posted by gathompson56 View Post
          If syncing is working properly should I not see, in sharing status, that my iPad has been changed shortly after opening ReunionTouch?
          The times listed in the Sharing Status reflect the time that changes were made on each device.

Opening your family file in ReunionTouch will not update the time. You would actually have to make a change to your data in ReunionTouch for this time to be updated.
          Gregg Witmer
          Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Aha! Thanks Gregg.
            Grant

Comment

Well, I just realized ReunionTouch is not syncing..., completely. A couple of days ago I added a half dozen people in Reunion. They have not shown up, but data I entered into the notes field made it over to Reuniontouch.

I checked that Dropbox was working, dropping files from my Mac Zander opening them on my iPad.

ReunionTouch says we haven’t synced since last July. “Connect to Dropbox”, of course doesn’t work. Where is the “sync now” tab?

Comment

Originally posted by Visator View Post
                Well, I just realized ReunionTouch is not syncing..., completely. A couple of days ago I added a half dozen people in Reunion. They have not shown up, but data I entered into the notes field made it over to Reuniontouch.

I checked that Dropbox was working, dropping files from my Mac Zander opening them on my iPad.

ReunionTouch says we haven’t synced since last July. “Connect to Dropbox”, of course doesn’t work. Where is the “sync now” tab?
                There is no sync button or tab in ReunionTouch.

Since you are seeing a syncing problem, please try the suggestions found on this web page...

I hope you find this information helpful in solving the problem
                Deb Stuller
                Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information how to sync the iPhone Reunion Touch to the iMac.
                  I too was having problems with the iMac & Reunion Touch on the iphone.
                  I have now been able to sync the two together with this help from Reunion.
                  Thank you so very much.
                  Trish
                  Last edited by P C Jamieson; 11 April 2018, 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling error with the word sync

Comment

Working...
                  X