Dropbox not in Finder List on Sierra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox not in Finder List on Sierra

I finally resolved Dropbox issues on my computer and it appears on the top bar of my mac as well as in Finder on the right top, next to the search box, but not in the sidebar where the video tells you to insert the file so that I can use ReunionTouch. I went to Finder Preferences and Dropbox was not one of the options for the sidebar. Then when I try to drag the Family File to Dropbox, I get a message that it will be removed from iCloud, but it also alarmingly REMOVES the Family File from the Reunion Folder in Documents. Please advise! Thank you.

Re: Dropbox not in Finder List on Sierra

The Family File must be on the main level in the Dropbox folder. It does not belong in either iCloud nor the Reunion folder in Documents. (Note: Prior to Leister starting to use Dropbox for synching, the family file did live in Documents > Reunion.) The screenshot shows you where your family file should be.
    Attached Files
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
    iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Originally posted by Bob White View Post
      The Family File must be on the main level in the Dropbox folder.
      It doesn't have to be in the main level - I have two Reunion family files in a folder in my dropbox folder and they synch to my phone no problems.

Roger
      Roger Moffat
      http://lisaandroger.com/genealogy/
      http://genealogy.clanmoffat.org/

Comment

Thank you for both of those replies. The graphic was especially illustrative. I went to Reunion Help to see what they had there and this is what I understand- Reunion Files don't have to be in Documents, and I should put the whole file folder in Dropbox? Do I understand that correctly?

Thank you.
        Janine

Comment

Roger: I didn't know that. Thank you.

Janine: Only the FamilyFile needs to be in Dropbox (as far as I know). A normal install has Reunion Files in the Documents folder and your FamilyFile(s) in Dropbox (once you set up synching).
          Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
          Jenanyan, Barnes, White, Duncan, Dunning, Luce, Hedge and more
          iMac/MacBookAir M1 - iPhonePro/iPadPro - Reunion13 & RT

Comment

Thank you! I pulled the Family File out of iCloud, moved it to Dropbox, and it's syncing as I write this. ReunionTouch is open on my iPad.

Comment

Working...
            X