This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using a family file alias

I moved my Reunion 11 family file from the ~/Documents/Reunion Files folder to Dropbox to let it synch with Reunion Touch on my iPad. Then I created an alias of the family file and moved that back into the ~/Documents/Reunion Files folder.

So far, that has been convenient if I just wanted to check some information in the file. But, if I want to make changes to it (such as adding more people), is it advisable to move it back to it’s original folder first?
    Regards,
    Frank
    fmitchelATamugDOTorg

Re: Using a family file alias

This shouldn't be an issue when making changes - as long as the family file is in the Dropbox folder and the alias points to that file, everything should work as expected.

HTH
    Mark Harrison
    Leister Productions, Inc.

Comment

Re: Using a family file alias

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      This shouldn't be an issue when making changes - as long as the family file is in the Dropbox folder and the alias points to that file, everything should work as expected.

HTH
      Thanks for the reassurance, Mark,

I asked because I did add two children to one of my family file via the alias and file appeared to become corrupted. I eventually moved the file back to my Documents folder and was able to fix it there. I don't remember exactly how I fixed it, but obviously moving the file probably made no difference.

Regards,
      Frank
      Regards,
      Frank
      fmitchelATamugDOTorg

Comment

Working...
      X