Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a single iPad access two different DropBox accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can a single iPad access two different DropBox accounts?

Our household has one iMac and one iPad. Our iMacs have separate accounts for each user so we would each like to be able to use Reunion while in our own account. Can we each have a DropBox account and place our Family Files in them and have them accessible to a single iPad? I know that we have had trouble trying to sync two iTunes accounts with the iPad so are concerned something similar would be involved here. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Re: Can a single iPad access two different DropBox accounts?

Originally posted by M Dalton View Post
    Our household has one iMac and one iPad. Our iMacs have separate accounts for each user so we would each like to be able to use Reunion while in our own account. Can we each have a DropBox account and place our Family Files in them and have them accessible to a single iPad? I know that we have had trouble trying to sync two iTunes accounts with the iPad so are concerned something similar would be involved here. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
    I recommend creating a "shared" folder in the Dropbox account on one iMac. Then, share that folder with the other Dropbox account. And, finally, put the family files into that shared folder so ReunionTouch can download them.

To share a "folder" in your Dropbox folder, do this...

* Open your Dropbox folder.
    * Right-click or Control-click on the folder you want to share.
    * Select Share This Folder. Then, follow the prompts in the window that opens to invite others to that shared folder. (Be sure to allow the other account to edit the contents of that folder.)

Then, follow the steps (beginning with step 3) found here...

...to put your family files into that shared folder and to connect to them in ReunionTouch on your iPad.

Be sure to always keep the family files in that shared Dropbox folder on the iMac.

I hope you find this information helpful
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Thank you! We will give that a try.

Ooops! Spoke too soon. I looked at this more carefully and have a few questions:

1. Am I correct that we both need to have our own DropBox account?

2. Then one of us creates a Shared folder, puts both the Reunion files into it and invites the other person to Share the Folder--??

2. Currently both our Reunion files are in one person's DropBox and are linked from the iMac to the iPad. Before changing things, should we delete those Reunion files from the iPad?

Thanks again. I appreciate the step by step approach that Reunion specializes in!
      Last edited by M Dalton; 03 January 2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Am I correct that we both need to have our own DropBox account?
        Yes.

Then one of us creates a Shared folder, puts both the Reunion files into it and invites the other person to Share the Folder--??
        Yes.

Currently both our Reunion files are in one person's DropBox and are linked from the iMac to the iPad. Before changing things, should we delete those Reunion files from the iPad?
        This is something you can do if you want. However, it is not necessary. (I.e., after moving the file to the Shared Dropbox folder, and Dropbox completes the sync, you would open ReunionTouch. Then, ReunionTouch will prompt you to help find that file and connect to it.)

I hope this information is helpful in clarifying some things
        Deb Stuller
        Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Yes, that helps to clarify things. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X