This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding / Adding Sources

If you are using ReunionTouch to edit your file, how do you deal with sources? If you have more than a few it's difficult given the sort order (it can't be changed on the iPad) to find one to reuse it or to know if you are adding a duplicate. With more than 400 sources, I find it difficult to do any real work on my file on the iPad. Maybe someone has a method?

Thanks,
    David
    Gilbert - Fulcher - Hackney - Harvey - Holmes - Hall
    in Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, and beyond.

Re: Finding / Adding Sources

Originally posted by gilbertdh View Post
    If you are using ReunionTouch to edit your file, how do you deal with sources? If you have more than a few it's difficult given the sort order (it can't be changed on the iPad) to find one to reuse it or to know if you are adding a duplicate. With more than 400 sources, I find it difficult to do any real work on my file on the iPad. Maybe someone has a method?

Thanks,
    David
    I share your frustration on this and feel a "Wish List" request coming on. Sort Alphabetically?

Mervyn

Comment

Originally posted by mjashby View Post
      I share your frustration on this and feel a "Wish List" request coming on. Sort Alphabetically?

Mervyn
      Or even, he sighed hopefully, the ability to globally sort source citation numbers so that they appear in numerical order. After performing the merger of several separate databases, I have individuals with source numbers that display in series like the following (actual example). How I would *love* to be rid of this continual visual aggravation!

60, 61, 231, 152, 3, 234, 204, 64, 140, 65, 66, 22, 67, 68, 203, 204, 207, 70, 127, 187, 48, 264, 112, 265, 244, 244, 266

A tandem wish to numerical sorting of the citations display (either automatic or at will), would be the automatic merger of identical source citations. Notice in the above example there are two 204s and two 244s. Each pair are citations of their same source, identical in every aspect including source number, name, format, manner of citation, memo field, placement, etc. Yet when two copies of the same person were merged, using the same citation, the person is merged but citation is duplicated.
      Bryce W. Self
      Redwood City, CA

Comment

Have added a Wish List Item here - http://www.reuniontalk.com/showthread.php?t=10425.

Please feel free to comment/make additions.

Comment

Working...
        X