X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships in Family/Tree Views

Hi.
    I believe I have set my preferences properly to display Name, birthdate and place, death date and place, and relationship -- but it does not show relationships, in family or tree view. (It shows everything else I have asked for.)
    I believe RT has an active source, because I can go to tools and get relatives for myself -- and the list is complete.
    What step(s) am I missing?
    Thanks,
    John

Re: Relationships in Family/Tree Views

Originally posted by JohnWard View Post
    Hi.
    I believe I have set my preferences properly to display Name, birthdate and place, death date and place, and relationship -- but it does not show relationships, in family or tree view. (It shows everything else I have asked for.)
    I believe RT has an active source, because I can go to tools and get relatives for myself -- and the list is complete.
    What step(s) am I missing?
    Thanks,
    John
    Hi John,

It sounds like you are using ReunionTouch on an iPhone. If that is the case, my first thought would be that the relationships are being hidden under the children on the Family view.

To make the children area smaller, tap and drag the brown "children" bar down.

The Tree settings are separate from Family settings. To verify your Tree settings, open the Tree and tap to open the Tree Menu (three lines at the top). Then, select Tree Settings. Verify that "Include Relationship" is turned on.

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem:-)
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
      Hi John,

It sounds like you are using ReunionTouch on an iPhone. If that is the case, my first thought would be that the relationships are being hidden under the children on the Family view.

To make the children area smaller, tap and drag the brown "children" bar down.

The Tree setting are separate from Family settings. To verify your Tree settings, open the Tree and tap to open the Tree Menu (three lines at the top). Then, select Tree Settings. Verify that "Include Relationship" is turned on.

I hope this is helpful in solving the problem:-)
      Thank you for your answer, Deb, and you're right -- ReunionTouch on an iPhone 4S.
      I was able to revive the "Rel" display by deleting it in settings and adding it anew, and then it started showing in the displays.
      Thanks again,
      John

Comment

I need some help with my relationships in Reunion Touch. I have relationships in my main Reunion tree. I have "show relationships" on in Reunion Touch. But still I do not see the source person labelled as such, or any relationship showing to that source person. I can't seem to find why not. I have El Capitan on my Mac and up-to-date version of Touch on my iPhone 6S. Thank you for any help. Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Jude View Post
          I need some help with my relationships in Reunion Touch. I have relationships in my main Reunion tree. I have "show relationships" on in Reunion Touch. But still I do not see the source person labelled as such, or any relationship showing to that source person. I can't seem to find why not. I have El Capitan on my Mac and up-to-date version of Touch on my iPhone 6S. Thank you for any help. Jude
          Hi Jude,

Are relatives currently identified for anyone in your family file on ReunionTouch? To check this, tap the Tools icon (the hammer) and select "Relatives."

If there are no relatives listed, go to the person for whom you want to be the source person and tap on his or her name. Then, select "Find Relatives" from the menu that appears.

However, if there are relatives in that listing and relationships are still not appearing on the family view in ReunionTouch, try this...

1. Tap the Tools icon and select Preferences.

2. Verify that the "Relationship" field is in the list of "Family View Fields." (If not, tap "Add attribute" and select "Relationship.")

If the Relationship field already appears in the list of "Family View Fields" and still does not appear on the family view, try making the children area of the family view smaller by dragging the brown "children" bar down.

I hope you find this information helpful in solving the problem
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
            Hi Jude,

Are relatives currently identified for anyone in your family file on ReunionTouch? To check this, tap the Tools icon (the hammer) and select "Relatives."

If there are no relatives listed, go to the person for whom you want to be the source person and tap on his or her name. Then, select "Find Relatives" from the menu that appears.

However, if there are relatives in that listing and relationships are still not appearing on the family view in ReunionTouch, try this...

1. Tap the Tools icon and select Preferences.

2. Verify that the "Relationship" field is in the list of "Family View Fields." (If not, tap "Add attribute" and select "Relationship.")

If the Relationship field already appears in the list of "Family View Fields" and still does not appear on the family view, try making the children area of the family view smaller by dragging the brown "children" bar down.

I hope you find this information helpful in solving the problem
            Thanks so much. Tapping myself (the source person) and selecting "find relatives" and then when I went back, the relationships were there. Guess I was missing that step. Thanks for your prompt help. Jude

Comment

Working...
            X