This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Source Person

I discovered that changing the source person in my MacOS X Reunion 11 file did not propagate to the ReunionTouch instances I have. I read somewhere for Reunion 10 the only way to change the source person was to set it on Mac OSX Reunion 11 and then redownload the family file to ReunionTouch. So I thought that might be the case with Reunion 11 too.

So I deleted the family file on the iPad, and redownloaded it from DropBox. Did the same on my iPhone. When the iPad completed, I clicked on person I wanted to make source and did Find Relatives. It ran for a second then crashed out to the menu. When the iPhone completed its download I did the same thing and it worked perfectly. I tried repeatedly on the iPad and it crashes every time.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround? Should I delete the family file from the iPad and try to download it again?

Don

Re: ReunionTouch crashes on iPad

ReunionTouch manual (see chapter List):
    The source person for relationship identification on the mobile device is independent of the source person in the family file on your Macintosh.
    Frans van Bodegom
    Reunion NL Support Team

Comment

Originally posted by donworth View Post
      ...did Find Relatives. It ran for a second then crashed out to the menu. When the iPhone completed its download I did the same thing and it worked perfectly...
      Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
      No known bug; but I suspect the iPad is running out of application memory while identifying relatives, especially if you have a very large family file and/or the number of relatives to the source person is very large. One thing you could try on the iPad: close all other apps and then try identifying relatives again.
      Frank Leister
      Leister Productions Inc.

Comment

Yep. That worked. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X