iCloud Drive... I can't find my Reunion Files folder...

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mrstucci
    Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 247

    #1

    iCloud Drive... I can't find my Reunion Files folder...

    Hello! I am considering using iCloud Drive for my Reunion file. I wanted to find the Reunion Files folder but I can't seem to find it. I opened Finder and typed in Reunion Files and nothing came up. I use Reunion every day so it's got to be somewhere. Thank you for helping out a long time user of Reunion.
    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

    My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

    My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.
  • Bob White
    Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 1724

    #2
    The default location is in the Documents folder. Tip regarding the find. The find function only searches the location specified in the Find dialog box. Make sure you are at the top level "This Mac" to get a full search of your Mac. It should be at This Mac by default. If not, use the back arrow in the upper left to get to that level.


    ReunionSearch.png
    Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
    Computer Guy Since 1966 - Happy Octogenerian
    iMac/MacBookAir M4 - iPhone/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

    Comment

    • mrstucci
      Member
      • Aug 2005
      • 247

      #3
      Nope. It's not there.
      Attached Files
      2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

      My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

      My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

      Comment

      • Bob White
        Member
        • Mar 2005
        • 1724

        #4
        Your screenshot does not show the term you are using for your search..... in the long oval to the right.
        Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
        Computer Guy Since 1966 - Happy Octogenerian
        iMac/MacBookAir M4 - iPhone/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

        Comment

        • mrstucci
          Member
          • Aug 2005
          • 247

          #5
          Sorry, Bob...

          b... Screenshot 2026-09-27 at 8.34.15 PM.png
          2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

          My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

          My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

          Comment

          • Bob White
            Member
            • Mar 2005
            • 1724

            #6
            You are only searching the Documents folder. Click on Macintosh HD in the left side panel to widen your search to the entire Mac.
            Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
            Computer Guy Since 1966 - Happy Octogenerian
            iMac/MacBookAir M4 - iPhone/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT

            Comment

            • David Walton
              Member
              • Jun 2007
              • 54

              #7
              As Bob White has explained and try familyfile14 as your search term.
              Dave Walton
              Tree - Walton, Haggerston, Chambers, Munro, Haught, Schlager, Scannell...
              Mini M4, Tahoe 26.3, Reunion 14

              Comment

              • Miss Myrtle
                Member
                • May 2015
                • 200

                #8
                Search under Macintosh HD. Use this exact term:
                Reunion 14 Family File

                Comment

                • mrstucci
                  Member
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 247

                  #9
                  Ok. I found this but this is what is in Dropbox. It's not a folder.
                  Attached Files
                  2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

                  My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

                  My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

                  Comment

                  • mrstucci
                    Member
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 247

                    #10
                    I apologize... My senior brain is not what it used to be.
                    2020 M1 MBP, iPhoneXS, iPad Air 3

                    My Ancestry ID is: mrstucci1972

                    My GEDmatch is A353507. I am also on 23andMe, FTDNA and MyHeritage.

                    Comment

                    Working...