Slaves

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Herb
    Member
    • May 2020
    • 65

    #1

    Slaves

    I've just come across an 1860 US Federal Census Slave Schedule showing that one of my ancestors in Whitley County Kentucky owned 10 slaves. How do you handle things like this? It isn't - or is it - and Event? My thinking right now is to show this as a Note since Reunion will allow me to Source a Note. Is there a better way?
  • SGilbert
    Member
    • Mar 2005
    • 486

    #2
    That would, of course, be an interesting bit of information, however, it really has nothing to do with genealogy. The exception could be if he fathered any children, although you did not imply that.
    I believe 'Notes' is the best place for this information.
    rMBP, 15", 2.8GHz i7, 16G RAM, Reunion 12.0, iPhone 12 Pro Max, ReunionTouch

    Comment

    • Tony Knight
      Member
      • Oct 2014
      • 54

      #3
      Originally posted by SGilbert View Post
      That would, of course, be an interesting bit of information, however, it really has nothing to do with genealogy. The exception could be if he fathered any children, although you did not imply that.
      I believe 'Notes' is the best place for this information.
      Yes
      I have a mixture of instances. I have a well known English slave trader actually in my database. Outside of it I have a DNA match to the descendant of a slave owning family in Barbados and another to an African American whose family just appears from nowhere and I assume were slaves

      Comment

      Working...