Using Obsidian with Reunion?

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DrJJWMac
    Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 63

    #1

    Using Obsidian with Reunion?

    Has anyone been using Obsidian in conjunction with Reunion? Not necessarily to incorporate the Charted Roots plugin (https://github.com/banisterious/obsi...ted-roots/wiki). Rather, to act as an alternate or supplemental repository of information.

    I am curious to see what improvements might be possible in such regards, and what pitfalls arise.

    --
    JJW
  • Miss Myrtle
    Member
    • May 2015
    • 200

    #2
    I can’t wrap my head around Obsidian, but I love using Zotero for the same purpose.

    Comment

    • bobthefinch
      Member
      • Nov 2025
      • 12

      #3
      Originally posted by Miss Myrtle View Post
      I can’t wrap my head around Obsidian, but I love using Zotero for the same purpose.
      Could you outline how you use Zotero?

      Comment

      • Miss Myrtle
        Member
        • May 2015
        • 200

        #4
        Originally posted by bobthefinch View Post

        Could you outline how you use Zotero?
        I start with the Zotero connector plug-in to grab a screenshot of where I found the source. Then, to that new document, I add the actual media file that I download. Then I tag it and drag it over to the appropriate folders. After that, I write my citations in the note field along with the transcriptions.

        I'm attaching a couple of screenshots that I hope help make sense of how I'm using it. I have set up folders and subfolders for record types, locations, etc., as well as surnames. I put every single person in my Reunion database into these surnames. Direct paternal lines have a blue circle to designate that it's my direct ancestor, and red for the maternal lines. Once I have all the media and info in Zotero, I drag and drop it into Reunion.

        I also add the Reunion source # to each item. This has been indispensable to me.

        1.jpg 2.jpg

        Comment

        • DrJJWMac
          Member
          • Dec 2015
          • 63

          #5
          Nice! If I understand, Zotero is your inbox for collection. Zotero's design is well suited for this step. The end stage of processing still involves copying (duplicating) the contents from Zotero into Reunion.

          --
          JJW

          Comment

          • Miss Myrtle
            Member
            • May 2015
            • 200

            #6
            Originally posted by DrJJWMac View Post
            Nice! If I understand, Zotero is your inbox for collection. Zotero's design is well suited for this step. The end stage of processing still involves copying (duplicating) the contents from Zotero into Reunion.

            --
            JJW
            Yes, everything is duplicated. I previously did this with DevonThink. Zotero is better suited.

            Comment

            • Blaise A. Darveaux
              Member
              • Mar 2005
              • 359

              #7
              Never mind. I deleted my post.
              Last edited by Blaise A. Darveaux; 08 September 2026, 03:05 PM.

              Comment

              Working...