When I try to export my data to a GEDCOM file, I get a blank white screen. What should I do?
blank white screen
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
Try clicking on one of the edges, hold and resize which should refresh and populate the dialog.
DaveDave Walton
Tree - Walton, Haggerston, Chambers, Munro, Haught, Schlager, Scannell...
Mini M4, Tahoe 26.3, Reunion 14
-
That's very strange -- it appears your FINDER is misbehaving, not Reunion.
I would say restart your Mac. Then see if your open and save dialogs work in other applications, like Pages, Numbers, etc.Researching Western NC and Northeast GA and any family connected to Caney Fork in Jackson County, NC
Comment
-
-
Good going! Anyone who leaves their Mac or PC running 24/7 should get in the habit of restarting once a week. Good for the machine's health!
There is a fairly new trick on the Mac which I think became a feature with Sequoia. The Finder can be quit simply by clicking anywhere not in a window (to make sure you are in Finder and not an app) and doing a Command-Q. The Finder then automatically restarts. Takes less than 5-10 seconds and often resolves wonky behavior like Dr. Pierre experienced.Bob White, Mac Nut Since 1985, Reunion Nut Since 1991
Computer Guy Since 1966 - Happy Octogenerian
iMac/MacBookAir M4 - iPhone/iPadPro - Reunion14 & RT
Comment
-
I have a similar question but it involves using Dark Mode in the Mac's Appearance Settings. I just got a new M5 MacBook Pro and when I go back and forth between my M1 and my M5, Reunion pops up a box asking which file to use. The problem is that the text box AND text show up Dark. I think Reunion should check the Mac's appearance mode and if it is in Dark Mode then Reunion should show white text in that box. Thanks.Screenshot 2026-07-13 at 10.07.51 AM.pngAttached Files
Comment
Comment