Have people who can't be added and can't be deleted

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Garry Brooke
    Member
    • Feb 2016
    • 18

    #1

    Have people who can't be added and can't be deleted

    There are two people in my Reunion file who I can't delete and can't edit. These are the symptoms: Coloured greenish-yellow meaning generally is not known.
    Context clicking shows the person has no parents and no siblings despite being shown in a family group which has parents and multiple children.
    When clicked get this dialog:
    ]​​Clipboard.png Clicking on "Yes" opens up family view on that person with "UNNAMED" + that person shows in the "People" sidebar.
    Marking then deleting that person puts the same person back into the original family group. This dialog shows:
    Delete.png​ BUT, no, that person does not show in the Clipboard at any time.
    I tried rebuilding cache files but that did nothing.

    Is there any way to completely remove such people from the file ?

    Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • Deb
    Technical Support
    • Feb 2005
    • 748

    #2
    I'm sorry to hear there's a problem in deleting people. Have you tried deleting them in this way?...

    1. Open the People sidebar and click once on a person that you want to delete in that People sidebar.
    2. Choose File -> Delete -> Selected Person.
    3. Click Delete.

    If that does not delete them, I recommend you send your family file to us using one of the methods explained here...


    Please do not do any editing in your family file until you hear back from us.

    Thanks
    Deb Stuller
    Leister Productions Inc.

    Comment

    • Garry Brooke
      Member
      • Feb 2016
      • 18

      #3
      Hello Deb, thank you for this. The two people at issue do not appear in the "People" sidebar. Sorry, but I have done some more work on the Reunion file although not in the family at issue. I will look at sending the file.

      Comment

      • msewall
        Member
        • Apr 2024
        • 1

        #4
        I have a cousin who has recently separated from a domestic partnership. He'd like the former partner removed from the family tree. "File -> Delete -> Selected Person" doesn't work because of the "spouse" setting (I think). How can I clear that setting and delete the former partner? -Thanks

        Comment

        • Deb
          Technical Support
          • Feb 2005
          • 748

          #5
          It sounds like you are wanting to totally delete their domestic partnership and the parter from the family file. If this is the case, try the following...

          1. Make a backup copy of your family file (just in case it's needed) by choosing File -> Save a Backup Copy and click "Save."

          2. Then, go to the family view showing the cousin and his former partner.

          3. Drag the marriage button (which usually shows the marriage date and place) to the Clipboard on the right.

          4. Click "Proceed" in the message window.

          That should remove the record showing their relationship. Afterward, you can delete the former partner from the family file.

          I hope you find this helpful in doing so
          Deb Stuller
          Leister Productions Inc.

          Comment

          Working...